Harper Collins is sponsoring a giveaway to promote this week’s release of Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett. 3 Lucky SF Signal readers located in the U.S. and Canada have a chance to win Pratchett’s latest book. Here’s more about the book:
The wizards at Ankh-Morpork’s Unseen University are renowned for many things–wisdom, magic, and their love of teatime–but athletics is most assuredly not on the list. And so when Lord Ventinari, the city’s benevolent tyrant, strongly suggests to Archchancellor Mustrum Ridcully that the university revive an erstwhile tradition and once again put forth a football team composed of faculty, students, and staff, the wizards of UU find themselves in a quandary. To begin with, they have to figure out just what it is that makes this sport–soccer with a bit of rugby thrown in–so popular with Ankh-Morporkians of all ages and social strata. Then they have to learn how to play it. Oh, and on top of that, they must win a football match without using magic.
Meanwhile, Trev (a handsome street urchin and a right good kicker) falls hard for kitchen maid Juliet (beautiful, dim, and perhaps the greatest fashion model there ever was), and Juliet’s best pal, UU night cook Glenda (homely, sensible, and a baker of jolly good pies) befriends the mysterious Mr. Nutt (about whom no one knows very much, including Mr. Nutt, which is worrisome . . .). As the big match approaches, these four lives are entangled and changed forever. Because the thing about football–the most important thing about football–is that it is never just about football.
Here’s how to enter…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line enter ‘Unseen Academicals‘. (That’s the prize.)
- Please include your postal address so the prize can be shipped out immediately when the contest is over. (NOTE: Sorry, this giveaway is only open to our readers in the US and Canada)
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate emails will be eaten by a giant turtle.
- The contest will end Monday, October 12th 2009 (11:59 PM U.S Central time). 3 winners will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter.