- If You’re Just Joining Us interviews Cherie Priest, author of Boneshaker. (podcast).
- The Agony Column interviews Eric Simons (podcast).
- The Dragon Page interviews Tom Lloyd (podcast).
- The Publishing Point interviews Cory Doctorow (video).
- Diet Soap Podcast interviews Mark Teppo. (via Marty Halpern)
- Stomping on Yeti interviews Alan de Niro. (via Jedediah Berry)
- The World in a Satin Bag interviews David Marusek.
- Tor.com interviews Ray Bradbury (video).
- John Scalzi profiles Diana Pharaoh Francis.
- Fantasy Book Critic interviews Hank Schwaeble.
- Suite101 profiles James Van Pelt.
- Paul Di Filippo reviews Margaret Atwood’s The Year of the Flood: “Mundane SF often comes within kissing distance of cyberpunk…”
- Macmillan US opens up new front in battle over e-book royalty rates. (via Eric Rosenfield)
- James A. Owen’s Here, There Be Dragons is free until 11/9.
- Read the first chapter of Plague Zone, Jeff Carlson’s sequel to Plague Year and Plague War.
- New issue of Abyss & Apex Magazine.
- TTA Press has a preview of Interzone #225.
- Two-Book US Rights deal for British Novelist.
- On October 31, Gryphonwood Press
and Blade Red Press, will be giving away
their entire catalog of electronic books for free.
- Zombie Romance Anthology Shambles Towards Readers.
- Mickey Zucker Reichert to write three novels about Isaac Asimov’s Susan Calvin.
- Brain Me Up on Maybe Science Fiction is Dying, But if So, the Er is as Crowded and Raucous as that Cantina in Star Wars.
- Jason Sanford on Circulation of online SF/F/H magazines. (via Kaolin Fire)
- The Washington Post asks various authors on What Story Scares The Hell Out of You? (via Angela Slatter)
- The World SF News Blog on New Zealand Speculative Fiction Blogging Week.
- Strange Ink has an Alternate Proposal (for NaNoWriMo). (via Ellen Kushner)
- C.L. Anderson on The Writing Life: Reality.
- Ying Compestine On Becoming a Hungry Ghost.
- Edward M. Lerner on Just slightly ahead of our time.
- Gary Gibson on An open letter to those terrified of e-piracy.
- Margaret Ronald on Aural Stories.
- N.K. Jemisin on It’s never “just a story”.
- Charlie Stross on How habitable is the Earth?
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on The Freelancer’s Survival Guide: Success Part Four.
- John Scalzi on Stupid Ideas Are Still Stupid Even When Amazon Does Them.