Issue #1 of Survival By Storytelling Magazine, edited by Shaun Duke and Niyousha Bastani, has just been released. It’s dedictaed to “publishing fiction, poetry, and non-fiction by young authors” The first issue contains twelve short stories, seven poems, and one article, all by authors under the age of twenty-five.
For now, you can get your copy of SBS from Lulu. And in case you wanted to know why you should purchase the issue, here’s some incentive:
- We have some amazing fiction and poetry from writers new and old, all twenty-five and under, many of them members of YWO (Diocletian, Mercy, Adri, Nyx, Tegzz, and Crocolyle, unless I’m missing anyone).We have an interview with author Paul Genesse (The Golden Cord and The Dragon Hunters; he has also written many short stories for collections published by DAW). He also wrote us a fine article about writing.
- There is also an article by author T. M. Hunter in here, author of Heroes Die Young.
- Every sale of SBS pays our authors. Since we pay by royalties, every sale is directly helping the contributors, and that’s a good thing, right?
- Every sale also helps Young Writers Online, which is also good. Mostly the money goes to contributors, but YWO gets a little bit out of it too, and that goes to making sure we can have more contests in the future!
- It’ll make you feel good inside. Trust me. SBS is like chocolate, only better.