- The Chronic Rift interviews Robert J. Sawyer. (via Tor Books)
- Jeff VanderMeer interviews Nicola Morgan.
- Suvudu live chat with Terry Brooks.
- BSC Review interviews Walter Greatshell.
- RIP Christopher Anvil.
- Open Fantasy Magazine Positions.
- The Year’s Best SF and Fantasy, Honorable Mentions, Part 3.
- Vincent Docherty Discusses Online Hugo Eligibility.
- The SFPA has a forum.
- New SFWA bylaws draft posted for review by members.
- The Rappaport Agency, LLC will be closing.
- The application period has begun for Taos Toolbox, a 2-week master
class in writing science fiction and fantasy (June
6-19, 2010), in Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico. Teaching duties will be
shared by Walter Jon Williams and Nancy Kress, along with special
lecturer Carrie Vaughn.
- World SF News Blog asks Who Will You Invite to the World Fantasy Convention?
- Mary Robinette Kowal on Fundraiser for Tu Publishing: a small, independent multicultural SFF press for children and YA.
- Rich Horton’s Summary: Lone Star Stories, 2009.
- Paul Jessup on Urban Fantasy as Genre (or, more than just vamps and sex).
- NK Jemisin on The new urban fantasy. Same as the old urban fantasy?
- Angel Leigh McCoy on The Horn of Plenty. (via SFWA)
- Angel Leigh McCoy on How to Break into Game Writing.
- Rochita Loene-Ruiz on Writing from the Context of my culture.
- Jo Walton on What Has Gone Before?
- Jon Evans on My aversion to versions.
- Ari Marmell on No, spelled “Y, E, S”.
- Lou Anders on For Your Viewing Pleasure: Geosynchron.
- Adrienne Kress on The Business of Selling Books.
- John Joseph Adams on Kirk vs. Holmes and Anthology vs. Anthology, or Burns vs. Adams.
- Pimp My Novel on Copyright, Schmopyright.
- Genreville on Publishers Struggle to Wake Up from the E-Book Nightmare.
- Top 100 SF/F novels of 2009 as voted for by SFcrowsnest.com’s readers.
- SciFi Wire lists The 18 best bladed weapons from sci-fi movies and TV.
- Variety asks Will sci-fi find Oscar? Expansion of best picture field could aid genre films.
- Bibliophile Stalker rounds up 2009 Holiday Sales.