- Mur Lafferty will be hosting Tor’s upcoming podcasts.
- Realms of Fantasy has a new website. [via Locus Online]
- Apex Magazine 2009 Vital Statistics.
- Line and Colors profiles illustrator David Wyatt.
- Award-winning novelist Laura Resnick has a great essay about self-publishing and vanity press scams. [via Michael Stackpole]
- Visions of Paradise on Fantasy & Science Fiction.
- Cinematical asks: Does Sci-Fi Stand A Chance at the Oscars?
Lists & Fun Stuff
- The Washington Post’s Best of 2009 list includes the genre novels Angels of Destruction by Keith Donohue, Big Machine by Victor LaValle, Far North by Marcel Theroux, Finch by Jeff VanderMeer, and Under the Dome by Stephen King. Also included are the short fiction books American Fantastic Tales edited by Peter Straub and The Complete Stories of J.G. Ballard.
- Jonathan Strahan lists Top 10 Genre Short Story Collections of the Decade.
- io9 lists The best books and comics of the decade.
- In the latest Entertainment Weekly, Stephen King’s picks for Best Books of 2009 includes Dan Simmons’ Drood and (#1) Sarah Waters’ The Little Stranger. [via Locus Online]
- The Art Department looks at Tara Rueping’s Lord of the Rings.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation, the novice lip synch version. [via Jay Lake and Alan Baxter]