- The Book Stacks interviews Vicki Pettersson. (via EOSBooks)
- Peter V. Brett interviews Blake Charlton (video). (via Tor/Forge Authors)
- John Scalzi’s The Big Idea: Patrick Lee.
- World Literature Today Science Fiction Issue: Call for Papers and Creative Work. (via SFWA)
- BVC’s Latest Twitter contest!
- Google Book Settlement Workshop in NYC on Jan. 20th.
- The January 2010 issue of The Internet Review of Science Fiction (the next-to-last issue!) has been posted.
- Skywalkers in Korea Cross Han Solo. No…really. (via Look at This)
- Event: Kevin Geeks Out – Visions of the Future is the comedy-variety show hosted by the writer-comedian Kevin Maher – a
monthly confabulation of vintage film clips and videos, new finds,
guest experts, games and curiosities. On Friday, January 22nd, guests will talk about future technology, past predictions and 1930’s British science fiction.
- [Editor: Be sure to check out the winners of Charles’ Bibliophile Stalker Awards 2009!]
- Rich Horton’s Summary: Sybil’s Garage, 2009.
- Mur Lafferty on Different media require more than a direct translation.
- Jeff VanderMeer on The Apex Book of World Science Fiction, Edited by Lavie Tidhar.
- Jason Sizemore on Science Fiction Across National Boundaries.
- The Guardian on All writers repeat themselves – but some recycle.
- Rachel Swirsky on The Use of Real Names on Livejournal.
- Douglas Cohen on Women in Fantasy: Take Two.
- Jeff VanderMeer on Finch: Finding a Way into the Novel.
- David J. Williams on “Viral Marketing Case Study: Or, How I Built Fake Websites to Sell My Real Books”.
- John Picacio on creating the cover of Lauren Beukes’ Zoo City.
- Kyle M. on Dr. Demonlove: or how I learned to stop worrying and read Urban Fantasy.
- Rebecca Keegan On Writing The Futurist.
- Jason Henninger on Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
- Lisa Shearin on Why I absolutely, positively must have a plot synopsis.
- Angela Slatter On Self-Publishing.
- Janet Reid on The art of promoting books in 140 characters.
- Nicola Morgan on Where Does a Story Begin?
- Nathan Bransford on The Key to Marketing Your Book: Time Well Spent.
- Pimp My Novel On the Importance of Negative Reviews.
- Joseph Esposito on How Not to Negotiate for Digital Rights.
- John Ginsberg-Stevens on An Appreciation of Steampunk.
- Books and Authors asks How Do You Define “Science Fiction” and “Fantasy”?
- Chris Roberson on The First 3 Minutes of Futurama‘s “Rebirth”.
- Cinematical on Sci-Fi’s Identity Crisis: The Link Between Avatar, District 9, and Moon.
- Anthony Burchon Five Video Game Movie Sequels That Surpass Their Originals.
- Techland on How To Kill A Superhero Franchise In 20 Easy Steps: Spider-Man Edition.