- @LA Times: Philip K. Dick
- @Tor: Cory Doctorow.
- Robert E. Howard:
- Jo Walton on Neglected Books.
- @Michael Swanwick’s blog: Tom Purdom on the Google Settlement: “the crux of the matter came down to this: the settlement would give Google a dominant, smothering position in electronic publication.”
- Dan Abnett on Writing in a Shared World vs. an Original One.
- William Gillis on Random SF Asides: “For all the talk of impenetrable singularity, it occurs to me that the modern milieu of SF writers is almost entirely preoccupied with futurism and future-shock, in contrast to yestergeneration’s focus on allegory / thought experiment.” [via Futurismic]
- io9 asks: Is The Golden Age Of YA Science Fiction Already Over?
- Graveyard Book Movie Not Happening.
- @NY Times: You Saw What in Avatar?
- Biology in Science Fiction on More Pandoran Biology.
- Cool Sci-Fi Songs “CD” extra: John Anealio’s Video Commentary on his song “Cylon #6” – Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Mary Robinette Kowal on Stop Motion’s Pioneers Make Fantasy History One Frame at a Time.
- @Little Fivers: The Top 9 Signs You’re Reading a Bad Dystopia Novel
- @SciFi Wire: 2 great sci-fi quotes from (yes, really) Criminal Minds.
- @CurveHouse: The 20 Sci-Fi Movies To See This Year.