SF Signal has a 2 copies of Lavie Tidhar’s & Nir Yaniv’s book The Tel Aviv Dossier to giveaway to 2 SF Signal readers.
Here’s the book description:
The wind picks up even more, pushing me, as if it’s trying to jerk the camera away from my hands. I spin around and the camera pans across the old bus terminal and someone screams…
Into the city of Tel Aviv the whirlwinds come, and nothing will ever be the same.
Through a city torn apart by a violence they cannot comprehend, three disparate people — a documentary film-maker, a yeshiva student, and a psychotic fireman — must try to survive, and try to find meaning: even if it means being lost themselves. As Tel Aviv is consumed, a strange mountain rises at the heart of the city, and shows the outline of what may be another, alien world beyond. Can there be redemption there? Can the fevered rumours of a coming messiah be true?
As the city loses contact with the outside world and closes in on itself, as the few surviving children play and scavenge in the ruins, can innocence survive, and is it possible for hope to spring amid such chaos?
A potent mixture of biblical allusions, Lovecraftian echoes, and contemporary culture, The Tel Aviv Dossier is part supernatural thriller, part meditation on the nature of belief–an original and involving novel painted on a vast canvas in which, beneath the despair, humour is never absent.
Experience the last days of Tel Aviv…
Here’s how to enter for your chance to win…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘The Tel Aviv Dossier‘.
- Include your mailing address so the prize may be shipped immediately should you win. (There are no geographical restrictions.)
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be forwarded to a psychotic fireman for disposal.
- The giveaway will end Wednesday, June 2nd 2010 (11:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter.