- The Functional Nerds interviews Neil Clarke (podcast).
- Night RPM translated an interview with Haruki Murakami (1, 2, 3). (via Paul Jessup)
- Angela Slatter interviews Ian Mond.
- John Scalzi’s The Big Idea: Jackie Morse Kessler.
- SciFiNow interviews Brandon
- SFX shares an interview with Skyline Directors The
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews John
- New Canadian science fiction magazine AE.
- RIP: Tom Bosley, who
appeared in, besides Happy Days, such SF/F fare as The Fallen
Ones, David the Gnome, the 1973 TV movie version of Miracle on
34th Street, and episodes of Night Gallery, The Sixth
Sense and Kolchak: The Night Stalker. [via Lawrence Person]
Readings Special Event: Beyond Blacula– Tuesday, October 26 · 6:30pm –
9:00pm in NYC.
- China Mieville on Fake Facebook profiles (featuring China Miéville).
- Daniel Abraham on 100 Aspects of Genre: Learning from the Dead and the Dying.
- Paul Di Filippo on Logical Surprise.
- John Lucas on Novels don’t need to be ‘nice’.
- Dan Kois on Revisiting The Black Cauldron.
- Larry Nolen on Ideations, major book awards, and an apologia for non-speculative literatures.
- Scott Taylor on Art Evolution 6: Tony DiTerlizzi.
- Margaret Ronald on Workshop Paralysis.
- Angela Slatter on Authors and Books: A Public Service Announcement and Good Cop, Bad Cop: On Interrogating the Story.
- Deborah J. Ross on Queries, Synopses, Pitches and Other Uneasy Friends, Part I.
- Rachelle Gardner on The Business of Writing.
- Stroppy Author on How to speak publisher – A is for Agent.
- John Scalzi on the
Most Epic Fails in Star Wars Design.
- Charlie Jane Anders and Michael Ann Dobbs on 15
classic science fiction and fantasy novels that publishers rejected.
- Lev Grossman on The
Thief and the Soloist: A Very Brief Taxonomy of Writers.
- David Brin on Astronomy,
SETI, science, transparency and wonders.
- Helen Lowe on Introducing
the World of Haarth.
- Real Science: Gregory Benford on “Considering
- Real Science: Solar
eclipse, from space.
More Fun Stuff