Jay Lake has just announced the November 16th release of METAtropolis: Cascadia, the sequel to METAtropolis, at Audible.com which was edited by Jay himself. The new anthology focuses on one of the regions covered in the original: Cascadiopolis, which was the subject of Jay’s story in the original volume, “In the Forests of the Night”. Jay’s new story is a direct sequel.
Here’s the book description:
As the mid-20th Century approaches, the Pacific Northwest has been transformed — politically, economically, and ecologically — into the new reality of Cascadia. Conspiracies and secrets threaten the tenuous threads of society. The End of Days seems nearer than ever. And the legend of the mysterious Tygre Tygre looms large.
And here is the table of contents:
- “The Bull Dancers” by Jay Lake
- “Water to Wne” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “Byways” by Tobias S. Buckell
- “Confessor” by Elizabeth Bear
- “Deodand” by Karl Schroeder
- “A Symmetry of Serpents and Doves” by Ken Scholes