Looking over the current movie listings for theaters in my area, I see that TRON: Legacy is only showing in 3D, whether you want to see it that way or not. (And it wasn’t shot in 3D so why see it in 3D?) Hopefully that will change as we get closer to TRONmas, but for right now it looks like you’ll have to wear those goofy 3D glasses. And those of us who already wear glasses, well, deal with it six eyes!
Or instead, you could buy yourself a pair of Oakley TRON Pit Boss sunglasses and put everyone else to shame as you slide into the theater with a pair of $750 shades on your grill. Your call.
Why $750? Good question. It probably has something to do with this list of ‘features’:
- The best polarized lenses on the planet with greater than 99% polarization efficiency
- Comes standard with Oakley HYDROPHOBIC™/OLEOPHOBIC anti-smudge lens coating on all lens options
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Optical precision, performance and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Patented XYZ OPTICS® for maximum clarity at all angles of vision
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of IRIDIUM® lens coatings
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.00 through -3.00 combined power)
- Ultra-lightweight Titanium forged plates, CNC machined to precision within 0.002″
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O MATTER® frame material
- Hexalobular Bolts secure impact plates for high velocity protection
- Includes Elite microfiber lens cleaning and storage bag
XYX OPTICS? O MATTER frame? Hexalobular bolts? Sign me up! That storage bag us just icing. Oakey does have one very nice feature: the ability to get these in prescription strength. That’s almost enough to get me to buy one of these…