SF Signal has an awesome prize pack to give away to 1 lucky SF Signal reader…it’s a classic-SciFi-lover’s dream: Space: 1999: The Complete Season One and The Prisoner: The Complete Series , both on Blu-ray disc!
Read on to see how you can win this awesome prize pack…
Here’s a more detailed description of the prizes:
Space: 1999: The Complete Season One [Blu-ray] (1975)
In the year 1999, a spectacular explosion at a lunar nuclear waste dump sends the moon out of Earth’s orbit. In this seminal sci-fi series from producer Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, UFO), the men and women of Moonbase Alpha are suddenly propelled on a treacherous journey across the universe in search of extraordinary new worlds. Left with no way home, the Earthling citizens are forced to embark upon the greatest adventure of their lives, encountering bizarre life forms and strange phenomena as they struggle to survive among the awe-inspiring wonders of outer space.
All 24 first season episodes of this acclaimed space adventure have been restored in stunning high definition and presented with newly-created 5.1 surround soundtracks, and hours of brand-new bonus features.
With its progressive plotlines, an outstanding cast, and astonishing special effects from Oscar® winner Brian Johnson (Alien, The Empire Strikes Back), SPACE: 1999 has secured its place as one of the most thought-provoking series of the 20th century–and beyond.
- DISC 1: Breakaway / Matter of Life and Death / Black Sun / Ring Around the Moon / Earthbound
- DISC 2: Another Time, Another Place / Missing Link / Guardian of Piri / Force of Life / Alpha Child
- DISC 3: The Last Sunset / Voyager’s Return / Collision Course / Death’s Other Dominion / The Full Circle
- DISC 4: End Of Eternity / War Games / The Last Enemy / The Troubled Spirit / Space Brain
- DISC 5: The Infernal Machine / Mission Of The Darians / Dragon’s Domain / Testament Of Arkadia
- DISC 6: Bonus FeaturesThe Prisoner: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] (1968)
Since its CBS debut in the summer of 1968, the masterful British TV series THE PRISONER has captivated American audiences. Now A&E presents a definitive aficionado’s edition of the cult classic which is considered one of the most innovative TV series ever filmed, for the first time in breathtaking Blu-Ray. Fully restored from the original film elements with newly remixed 5.1 surround sound and featuring hours of bonus material never released in North America, THE PRISONER: BLU-RAY EDITION is a fitting tribute to the creative vision of the late Executive Producer and Star Patrick McGoohan.
After resigning from a top-secret position, a man (McGoohan) is abducted and spirited from his London home to a mysterious place known only as ‘The Village.’ Village Residents, known only by numbers, are held captive because each possesses valuable knowledge. The Prisoner, now known as Number Six, battles to protect his mind — and his humanity — while struggling to discover the identity of Number One and escape captivity.
Discs 1-4 (Blu-ray):
- All 17 episodes in newly remixed 5.1 surround sound (in addition to the original mono tracks)
Disc 5 (DVD):
- “Don’t Knock Yourself Out”: Feature-length documentary chronicling the production of THE PRISONER, told by those involved in its creation
- Two brand-new featurettes: “The Pink Prisoner” and “You Make Sure It Fits!”
- Promo for AMC’s THE PRISONER Miniseries
- Newly restored original edit of “Arrival” with an optional music-only soundtrack featuring Wilfred Josephs’ complete and abandoned score
- Original edit of “The Chimes of Big Ben”
- Production crew audio commentaries on seven episodes
- Trailers for all episodes
- Archive textless material, including the title sequence with clean themes by Ron Grainer, Wilfred Josephs and Robert Farnon
- Commercial break bumpers
- Image archive with over 1200 stills
- Production paperwork archive, featuring scripts, call sheets and press releases (DVD-ROM Feature)
Here’s how to enter for your chance to win…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter: Space:1999/Prisoner.
- Include your mailing address so the prize may be shipped immediately should you win. (This giveaway of Region 1 discs is only open to residents of the U.S.)
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be assigned a number and shot out of Earth’s orbit. (See what I did there?)
- The contest will end Tuesday, February 15th, 2010 (10:00 PM U.S Eastern time). The winner will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter.