How to write wild-eyed, overstuffed, multiplex, maximalist, recomplicated, high-bandwidth Science Fiction, or, “realize I don’t wanna be a miser/how come everybody wanna keep it like the Kaiser?”
Don’t expect this book to be a traditional “How To”. It’s a travel into the Science Fiction.
“Science fiction is the literature of ideas? Sure it is–on a tightly rationed basis! The truth is, most writers of science fiction and fantasy are naturally stingy. We tend to hoard ideas, like the dragon Smaug lying on his treasure. We parcel them out in dribs and drabs. One notion per story. Maybe two High Concepts per novel. Why do we do this?”
An essay by Paul Di Filippo
And here’s how you can get it…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘How to Write Science Fiction‘.
- In the email, tell us which eBook format (.epub or .mobi) you’d like to receive.
- There are no geographical restrictions – This giveaway is open to anyone with an email address.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will forwarded to Charlie Sheen. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give others a chance.
- The giveaway will end Wednesday, June 8th 2011 (11:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified and announced shortly thereafter. The prizes will be received shortly thereafter via email.
Note: If you don’t want to leave it to chance, you can purchase the eBook directly. It’s normally $2.99, but until June 8th, it’s on sale for $0.99!