We’re excited to kick off our first subscription drive and very happy that it’s for two excellent magazines: Lightspeed Magazine and Fantasy Magazine. There are many reasons to subscribe: both magazines are edited by John Joseph Adams and feature fiction and interviews with top class authors such as Bruce Sterling, Anne McCaffrey, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Stephen Baxter, Holly Phillips, Nnedi Okorafor, and more, more, more. Both are delivered by email to you at the start of each month. Nothing could be simpler!
But that’s just for starters:
- Every new subscriber to Lightspeed Magazine will receive a free copy of Federations. (Featuring Lois McMaster Bujold, Orson Scott Card, George R.R. Martin, Robert Silverberg and more.)
- Every new subscriber to Fantasy Magazine will receive a free copy of The Way of the Wizard. (Featuring Neil Gaiman, Ursula K. Le Guin, George R. R. Martin, Robert Silverberg, Kelly Link, and more.)
- Save! Subscribe to both Lightspeed Magazine and Fantasy Magazine and receive free copies of The Way of the Wizard and Federations and save 25%! Twelve issues each of these magazines, two anthologies: all for $29.95!
- And! At the end of the drive, we’ll throw all the new subscribers’ (in the US & Canada) names in a hat and randomly pick 10 winners who will receive: T-shirts from Kobo, Small Beer Press, and Weightless Books, as well as a selection of titles (paper or ebooks, your choice) from Prime and Small Beer.
- And then! The fun part. . . . In a couple of weeks, Prime Books publisher Sean Wallace will be at the Readercon convention in Boston. If we have 250 new subscribers by July 13th–since we don’t have a dunk tank–any new subscribers attending the convention will be offered the opportunity to gently dunk Mr. Wallace in the Boston Marriott Burlington pool! (Email us if you subscribe, are going to Readercon, and like swimming!)
- MORE! Even though he faces a potential soaking, Sean has moved past that and announced that should 500 new subscribers be added, he will donate a free Nook Simple Touch Reader and a $50 gift card (either to Weightless or bn.com) for a randomly picked subscriber.
So, the more subscribers there are, the more prizes there are for everyone! Thanks for reading, subscribing, keeping it indie, and please do spread the word.