- Underwords interviews Ellen Datlow.
- The Bat Segundo Show interviews Aimee Bender (podcast).
- Tor.com interviews Simon Pegg.
- John Joseph Adams and David Barr Kirtley interview Simon Pegg (podcast).
- Fantasy Magazine interviews Chen Wei.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Maurizio Manzieri.
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing interviews Michael J. Sullivan.
- SciFiNow interviews Grant Morrison.
- Orson Scott Card and Red 5 Team Up to Pen the Story of Firefall.
- Jeff Patterson’s Solstice Chronicles, a collection of the first eleven Bad Day Studio Holiday Cards, is now available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
- Kindle eBook Deal: Empire in Black and Gold (Shadows of the Apt 1) by Adrian Tchaikovsky: $1.99.
- Final Week of Voting for the Million Writers Award.
- Government Sues Apollo Astronaut For Allegedly Stealing a Lunar Camera.
- Lynn Viehl on WorldBuilding No-Nos.
- Gail Carriger on Pronouncing Names (and the Reasons Behind Them).
- Charles Stross on on Rule 34 and the shape of things to come.
- Derek Johnson on Missing the Golden Age by Two Years…and How It Made Me Appreciate Science Fiction More.
- Slate on Robot-apocalypse jokes need to become serious discussions about robot safety. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Blastr lists 18 of the most memorable speeches from sci-fi and fantasy films.
- McSweeney’s on The Future of Books. [via Kevin Maher]
- Peanuts/Doctor Who Mashup by Larry Wentzel. [via Science Fiction Brewed Fresh Daily]
- @ItsArtMag: “Water Colossus” by cyl1981.
More Fun Stuff
- Lord of the Rings‘ Middle Earth Recreated in LEGO.
- Free SF/F Sampler.
- Ellen Datlow’s photos from Locus Award Weekend June 23-29 2011.
- Del Rey Spectra 50 Page Fridays: Dragon’s Time by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey.
- ShadowBytes Webcomic: “I’m Batman”.
- Solve this SF-shaped Crossword puzzle and you may win free, complete, autographed sets of Jeff Carlson’s Plague Year trilogy.
- Online Game: Apocalypse Basketball.