- Suvudu (Matt Staggs) interviews Ben Mezrich.
- Black Gate (Scott Taylor) interviews Stephen Hickman.
- Kirkus Reviews interviews Lev Grossman.
- Angela Slatter interviews Martin Livings.
- Shimmer interviews Luc Reid, Krista Hoeppner Leahy, Don Mead, Justin Howe, and Vylar Kaftan.
- Clout & About interviews George
R. R. Martin. [via BookBanter]
- Flickering Myth interviews Paul
Inglis(Art Director for Game of Thrones).
and Slew of Publishers Accused of Colluding over E-Books Prices.
- eBook Deal…The Orbital Drop:
The Ambassador’s Mission (the first book in Trudi Canavan’s
Traitor Spy Trilogy) for $2.99.
- The reading period for both Fiction Collective
Two’s Ronald Sukenick American Book Review Innovative Fiction Prize and
Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Prize is begin August 15th – November 1st,
2011. [via Paul Di Filippo]
for Submissions: Paranormal/Science Fiction/Horror Issue – Dead(g)end(er)
- Book View Cafe (Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff) on There’s a Bimbo on the Cover: Verses 9 & 10: Awards and Remainders.
- Rachelle Gardner on How Do You Become a Literary Agent?
- Juliette Wade on Tests of Character.
- Janice Hardy on Sharing the Spotlight: How Much Time Do Supporting Characters Need?
- Chuck Wendig on What It’s Like Being a Writer.
- Gord Sellar on Some Notes For Korean Film Companies Considering an SF Film Project.
- Cheryl Morgan on Lawyers + Ebooks = Trouble.
- Locus Roundtable: Conventions Part I, Going Pro.
- Charlie Jane Anders on Why
We Love Suspending Our Disbelief.
- Jamie Todd Rubin on Writing
science fiction as a non-scientist.
- Patrick Hester on Used Video
- Gail Z. Martin on Good-bye,
- The Galaxy Express on SFR
Smackdown: Nico Rosso’s Taken to the Limit vs. Zoe Archer’s
- Comic Crits reviews
Home Fires by Gene Wolfe…in comic form. [via Lawrence Person]
- AbeBooks lists Retro
- @CoolVibe: “Exploration”
by Shaun Mullen.
More Fun Stuff
Runner & Bouzouki Video.
- Image of
the Day: Why sci-fi’s women are the greatest women on TV.
Goodman is starting up a podcast. Who would you like to see on Ep 01 of One