Courtesy of the St. Martin’s Press, SF Signal has 10 Advanced Reading Copies of Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of the international and New York Times bestseller Let the Right One In) to give away to 10 lucky SF Signal readers!
Here’s the book description for Harbor:
From the author of the international and New York Times bestseller Let the Right One In (Let Me In) comes this stunning and terrifying book which begins when a man’s six-year-old daughter vanishes. One ordinary winter afternoon on a snowy island, Anders and Cecilia take their six-year-old daughter Maja across the ice to visit the lighthouse in the middle of the frozen channel. While the couple explore the lighthouse, Maja disappears — either into thin air or under thin ice — leaving not even a footprint in the snow. Two years later, alone and more or less permanently drunk, Anders returns to the island to regroup. He slowly realises that people are not telling him all they know; even his own mother, it seems, is keeping secrets. What is happening in Domaro, and what power does the sea have over the town’s inhabitants?
As he did with Let the Right One In and Handling the Undead, John Ajvide Lindqvist serves up a blockbuster cocktail of suspense in a narrative that barely pauses for breath.
And here’s how you can get it…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘Harbor‘.
- In the email, include your mailing address so the book may be shipped as soon as possible. (Sorry, this is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada)
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will forwarded to a lighthouse in the middle of the frozen channel. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give others a chance.
- The giveaway will end Monday, October 10th, 2011 (10:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter. Winners will receive the book directly from the publisher.