If you’re a regular SF Signal reader, you’ll recognize the name Jamie Todd Rubin from his bi-weekly Wayward Time-Traveler column. Or, maybe you recognize his name from his short stories that have appeared in Analog, InterGalactic Medicine Show, and Apex Magazine. Now one of Jamie’s stories is being published by 40K Books.
The good news: SF Signal has complimentary eBook copies of Jamie’s Techno-thriller If By Reason of Strength to give away to 3 lucky SF Signal readers!
Here’s the book description:
There were 3,260 rivets lining the walls, floor and ceiling of the airlock. Norman had plenty of time to count them. He remembered very little of the day in which (so he was told) he killed four of his crew-mates…”
After serving nearly 300 years in prison, convicted murderer, Norman Gilmore is released a free man, and the oldest living human on record. But he shuns his fame and heads off to Mars to find the answer to a question that has been plaguing him for nearly his entire lifetime.
A 280-year-old crime. A one way ticket. A pharmaceutical company. A bioengineering discovery. A gripping story filled with the ghosts of the past.
Interested? Here’s how you can get your free copy…
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘If By Reason of Strength‘.
- In the email, tell us your desired eBook format.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be sent away for 300 years and then discarded. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give others a chance.
- The giveaway will end Monday, October 10th, 2011 (10:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter. Winners will receive the eBook directly from the publisher.
Note: If you’d rather not take your chances, Jamie’s story is on sale for 99 cents until October 5th! Jamie is also signing the Kindle eBook via Kindlegraph