The serious Star Trek fan in your life — even if that means you — should know about this gorgeously designed new gift book Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years by David A. Goodman, which celebrates the 150th anniversary of the founding of the United Federation of Planets.
Packed with goodies, this lavishly illustrated volume “chronicles the pivotal era leading up to Humankind’s First Contact with Vulcan in 2063, the Romulan War in 2156, the creation of the Federation in 2161, and the first 150 years of the intergalactic democracy up until the year 2311”. It covers a multitude of “alien species, decisive battles…technology…field sketches, illustrations, and reproductions of historic pieces of art from across the Galaxy”…and includes even more goodies, all packaged in a pedestal display with lights and an audio introduction by Admiral Hikaru Sulu. Oh my!
From the Amazon description, product features include:
- Pedestal display featuring electronic lights and sound (13.5” x 13.5” x 4”)
- Audio introduction by Admiral Hikaru Sulu
- 176-page hardcover book with four-color illustration throughout
- Envelope containing 5 removable artifacts
- Over fifty excerpts from key Federation documents and correspondence, Starfleet records, and intergalactic intelligence
Want a closer look? Check out these hi-res images (some of them exlusive to SF Signal) after the jump…