Interviews & Profiles
- Tor.com interviews Martha Wells.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Michele Bardsley.
- Suvudu interviews Laura Andersen.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Damien Walters Grintalis.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Sean Williams.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Giuliano Brocani.
- Literary Escapism interviews Sara Humphreys.
- Functional Nerds interview Justin Landon.
- Innsmouth Free Press interviews Leslianne Wilder.
- Mythopoeic Nominees Announced.
- Astronauts Set to See Star Trek Into Darkness in Space.
- Orbit Books snnounces Matthew Stover’s Acts Of Caine novels in UK.
- Mur Lafferty is serializing the audio version of her new book The Shambling Guide to New York City.
- DC cancels four New 52 titles.
- Expanding its pop culture holdings, library acquires detailed ‘Star Trek’ writers’ guide.
- Lucasfilm Registers Some Interesting New Domain Names.
- How To Talk To Girls At Parties by Neil Gaiman is a free pre-order on Amazon #Kindle!
Events & Event News
- Tonight at 7:00 pm! John Scalzi book signing for The Human Division.
- Wed 5/22 From 6:30pm – 7:30pm Edt: Chat with Mur Lafferty, author of The Shambling Guide To New York City.
- Danie Ware on Why I stopped writing, and how I started again: a blog post for anyone who’s ever thrown in the towel.
- Stina Leicht on Faery Tales and Book Covers.
- Freda Warrington on The Past is a Foreign Country?
- Maggie Burns on Mars Needs Women.
- Emma Newman asks Ready for blast-off?
- David Brin on News about Space and Science Fiction.
- Scott Lynch on A Name To Conjure.
- Graham Edwards on HENRi.
- Al Ewing on Comics Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- Eric Brown on The Story behind The Serene Invasion.
- Sci-Fi Fan Letter reviews 14 by Peter Clines.
- The Barnes & Noble Review (Bill Tipper) on Red Moon by Benjamin Percy.
- J. Simpson on Deconstructing Horror: The Haunted Page.
- Matt Mitrovich on Convincing vs. Amazing: Balancing Your SF World.
- The Economist on The robot threat: In the long run, we are telepathic androids. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Mother Jones on A Brief History of Awesome Robots. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Flavorwire on 10 Forgotten Fantastical Novels You Should Read Immediately. [via Bill Crider’s Pop Culture Magazine]
- Stylized Illustrations by Howell Golson.
- Sketches and Study Muffins by Deiv Calviz.
- concept ships: DOMINION concept art by Mak Software Studio.
- Concept Art by Daniel Dociu – “Concrete Tsunami” and “Industrial Site”.
- Star Trek Posters.
- Falling behind the horizon by *vimark.
- NASA’s Retro Drawings of Humans on Mars.
More Fun Stuff
- Beware the Hairy Mango #166 – “Make Like a Leaf and Kill People” by Matthew Sanborn Smith.
- Excerpt from L. E. Modesitt, Jr.’s The One-eyed Man.
- Conan O’Brien Responds To Star Trek Into Darkness Spoiler Accusations With More Spoilers.
- Retronaut – Breakfast with a Robot.
- Adam West and Yvonne Craig reading Detective Comics #359 c.1967.