Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Jo Graham of The Emperor’s Agent.
- Edward-Willett promotes his new book, Right to Know, on CTV News.
- Edgar Wright Bitches about Traveling around the World
- Elysium Interview with director Neill Blomkamp
- Ginger Nuts has a roundtable interview with the contributors to the Great British Horror anthology.
- Grant Morrison: why I’m resurrecting Wonder Woman
- io9 offers this exclusive interview with legendary fantasy artist Brom.
- The Kindle Daily Post has a Q&A with Gena Showalter of The Darkest Craving
- My Bookish Ways interviews Tom Vater, author of The Cambodian Book of the Dead.
- Philippa Ballantine & Tee Morris discuss their new anthology, Ministry Protocol.
- The Qwillery welcomes Chris F. Holm of The Collector series. The final book in the series, The Big Reap, was published on July 20, 2013 by Angry Robot.
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Interview: Growing Up, Getting Old and ‘The World’s End’
- A Word from the Woman Behind Doctor Who: Dark Horizons, Jenny T. Colgan.
Events & Event News
- Saturday August 31st: You are cordially invited to the SF Signal 2013 WorldCon Meetup!
- 2013 Hugo Awards Ceremony to be Broadcast Live
- K. Allen Wood has published two versions of the same story in Appalachian Undead and Mountain Dead. Both are good, but which one is better, “Long Days to Come” from Appalachian Undead or “And It’ll Haunt Me (For Long Days to Come)” from Mountain Dead? Apex Publications has decided to let their readers decide, posting both stories on their blog. Voting for which story is the best opened on Wednesday, August 21st and will close Friday, August 23rd at 11:59pm EST.
- Burning Suns is a tactical science fiction game for 2-5 players, with over 300 empires to conquer!
- The Heart & Soul of 20th Century Science Fiction is an anthology of the 100 books that make up the Heart & Soul of 20th Century Science Fiction.
- SFBuzz Digital Science Fiction Magazine is an independent, Science Fiction Monthly Magazine that will feature original short fiction in both print and digital formats!
- The Succubus Campaign is a short film about a group of nerds who get caught up in an idea that the fighter’s new girlfriend is a succubus trying to steal his soul.
- Review: Paul Di Filippo reviews “The Adjacent” by Christopher Priest
- The Five Best (and Five Worst) Status Quo Changes in Superhero Comics
- 6 Ways Writing Is Like Dieting
- The 10 Most Confusing Movies of All Time, as chosen by Screen Crush.
- 10 Things You Don’t Want In Your Novel
- 10 Ways Plot Structure Influences Character Arc
- 10 X-MEN Properties ‘Golden’ For Film
- The Books We’ve Lost, a eulogy to the disappearing used-bookstore (and the consequences)
- Broken Claws: When the X-Men Got Boring
- Collateral Damage: Blockbusters and the Changing Narrative of War
- Do sci-fi writers dream of the future?
- Doctor Who’s most bizarre moments
- How to Turn Cutting-Edge Science into a Page-Turning Thriller
- How to Write Description that Will Delight Your Readers’ Senses
- Lessons About the Writing Life from a Foster Dog
- Nine Things Writers Can Learn from (ahem) Science.
- The Offspring: 10 Mostly Super Children of Superheroes
- My experience with self-publishing “On a Red Station, Drifting”
- Resurrecting H. P. Lovecraft on the Big and Small Screen
- Six Easy Tips for Self-Editing Your Fiction
- Terry Gilliam is Sick of Superheroes and Zombies, Offers Us Zero Theorem
- The Other Man of Steel by Lou Anders.
- There’s no sexism in gaming: Why don’t you just enjoy the fantasy? Games are a special medium, completely separate from our wider culture and any attempt to put them in context is just insulting.
- The Top Ten Reasons Why Batman VS. Superman Will Suck
- Video Games Grow Up: The Wall Street Journal reports on the growing trend of “empathy games,” a genre that focuses on weighty topics instead of asking you to just mindlessly kill aliens or terrorists that first started popping up earlier this year.
- When ‘Blade’ Began The ‘Spider-Man’ Era Of Comic Book Films
- When Will Hollywood Discover the Magic of Piers Anthony? Not soon enough.
- Why are publishers the new villain in the digital age?
- Wonder Woman Can’t Have it All: “Challenging” is the reason filmmakers give when Wonder Woman projects fail, but Wonder Woman needs another chance.
- Young Adult Fiction and the Cliffhanger…
Science and Technology
- Can an AI get into the University of Tokyo?
- The Ethics of Interstellar Alien Encounters
- Plan to Capture an Asteroid Runs Into Politics
- Why Teleportation Could Be Far Slower Than Walking
- Why We’ll Have Robots In The Workplace Before Robots At Home
More Fun Stuff