Interviews & Profiles
- A 30 minutes interview with Alfonso Cuarón discussing the writing and execution of Gravity
- Goodreads For Authors with Patrick Brown, Marketing and Community Manager at Goodreads
- Legendary Star Wars author John Jackson Miller discusses his newest novel, Kenobi
- Margo Lanagan on Tongue Rolling, Selkies and Twisted Tales
- Odyssey Workshop interviews Scott H. Andrews, who has won a prize from the Briar Cliff Review.
- Scott Lynch, author of The Republic of Thieves, talks Lies, Larceny, and Locke Lamora
- SFFWorld talks with Kevin Hearne, author of The Iron Druid Chronicles.
- Stan Lee Explains the Ludicrous “Science” Behind Superheroes
- Suvudu has an interview with Emma Jane Holloway, author of The Baskerville Affair trilogy: A Steampunk and Sorcery mystery
- Marrying Mr. Darcy – this Pride and Prejudice Card Game is a zombie-themed role-playing strategy card game for 2-6 players based on Jane Austen’s novel.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – a cooperative starship simulator that takes you and your crew to the farthest corners of the universe on a mission to find the mysterious Lost Colony. The game will also fully support the Oculus Rift and game controllers (such as Xbox 360 gamepad).
- Zombies Hate Kung Fu – a self-contained graphic novel introducing two characters: The Kung Fu expert Mann and the horticulturally gifted slacker Ziggy. The two form a unique partnership as they combine their very different skills to survive, and thrive, on a world after the zombie apocalypse.
- 7 Unconventional Reasons Why You Absolutely Should Be Reading Books
- 8 Tips For Creating Great Stories From George R.R. Martin, Junot Diaz, And Other Top Storytellers
- 11 Most Prolific Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors of All Time
- 10 Myths About Science Fiction (And Why They Matter)
- Books Don’t Want to Be Free: How publishing escaped the cruel fate of other culture industries
- Concrete Tips for Developing an Appealing Voice in Your Fiction
- Copyright and Open Access: The Future of Publishing
- Dagan Books: We need to buy ISBNs. You want to improve your writing. We can help each other.
- Dear Book Nerd: “My Family Doesn’t Read”
- The Fantastic Worlds of Lord Dunsany
- The Good And Bad In Chaotic eBook Pricing
- Harrison Ford Defends Ender’s Game Adaptation Despite Author’s Anti-Gay Views
- In Defense of the Amateur Review
- Kris Noel with Why Your Main Character Sucks
- Libraries are meant to hold books, not e-readers
- The meta-narrative of books about the female experience at powerful internet companies
- Once More in Defense of Fantasy: A Response to Joanna Trollope
- Polemic: how readers will discover books in future
- Tonight I Strike: bringing sci-fi to life with a $1,200 laptop
- The Top Five Reasons for Not Doing NaNoWriMo This November
- Urban Fantasy versus Paranormal Romance
- What Age Is “Too Old” for YA?
- Why can’t America just have the Snowpiercer everyone else gets?
- Why Microsoft Word must Die
- Why Witches Can’t Have It All
- Women in SF&F: The Cycle of Negative Feedback
Science and Technology
- Interstellar Wanderers
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson says his criticisms of ‘Gravity‘ are a compliment to its quality
- This is what a penny looks like after being on Mars for 411 days
More Fun Stuff