Interviews & Profiles
- Alice Munro on the Slippery Slope of Censorship
- Edinburgh-based debut author Elizabeth May talks about her new historical fantasy, The Falconer
- Guillermo del Toro Made Two Movies While You Were Reading This
- Harry Potter and the Resilience of Adversity
- Karen Gillan: Doctor Who trumps Marvel for crazy fans
- Literary agent Andrew Wylie compares Amazon to Napoleon and says the online retailer is showing “megalomania” in a controversial new interview in New Republic. “I think we’d be fine if publishers just withdrew their product [from Amazon], frankly. If the terms are unsatisfactory, why continue to do business? You think you’re going to lose 30% of your business? Well, that’s OK, because you would have a 30% higher margin for 70% of your business. You have fewer fools reading your books and you get paid more by those who do. What’s wrong with that?” (Discussion)
- Margaret Atwood On Progress, Fear And Social Media
- Mira Grant, author of the Newsflesh trilogy, offers readers another sci-fi thriller with Parasite. Grant discusses the new novel and her obsession with sickness and science.
- Naomi Novik On Her New Book and Ending the Teremaire Cycle
- Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming. A lecture explaining why using our imaginations, and providing for others to use theirs, is an obligation for all citizens.
- One Ordinary Day With Chris Riddell Doodles
- RoboCop first look: José Padilha tackles drone politics in reboot
- SeattlePI interviews Jeri Westerson, author of Shadow of the Alchemist
- SFx talks to Stephen Jewell about celebrating the fifth anniversary of his steampunk Victorian novel The Affinity Bridge with the release of The Casebook Of Newbury And Hobbes.
- The Third Locke Lamora Adventure Is Finally Here! Scott Lynch discusses his newest book.
- Urban fantasy author Mike Carey discusses his newest book, The Girl with All the Gifts.
- American adult readers lag behind other countries in reading skills
- George R. R. Martin bought a movie theater
- The Great Library of Alexandria Was Detroyed by Budget Cuts, Not Fire
- Neil Gaiman To Complete Miracleman Finally – It’s A Marvel
- Peter Capaldi’s Doctor Who Debut To Be Directed By Ben Wheatley
- Marvel Offering Five New TV Projects to Cable, Digital Outlets
- Amethyst – a reboot and expansion of the roleplaying game in which Fantasy & Technology Collide!
- BLADE RAIDERS: GRIMALKIN Graphic Novel – a hardcover fantasy graphic novel written & illustrated by Grant Gould, the creator of the Blade Raiders RPG.
- Science fiction writer Eugie Foster has a cancer diagnoses and needs some financial help.
- 10 Kick-Ass Female Comic Book Characters You Should Know About
- 40 Superhero Cliches and Tropes
- The 100 Best Horror Films: Start by Watching Four Horror Classics Free Online
- The books that shaped a writer
- Comic books take on Sept. 11, other tales of suffering
- Cozying Up with Cozy Fiction
- The Crying of West 79th Street: Reality comes undone in Thomas Pynchon’s novel about New York
- Discovering the Inclusive Badass in Urban Fantasy by Teresa Frohock author of Miserere
- The End Of The Library
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2013: Pricing is the New Piracy
- Gravity and the Issue of Art vs. Science
- How Daydreams and Videogames Can Make Us Confident In Real Life
- How to turn science into science fiction
- Humor in Writing
- If TV science were like real science
- Jump-start Your Writing Routine with NaNoWriMo
- NaNo Prep: Do You Know What to Plan in Advance?
- New breed of teen-services librarians emerges
- Sleeps With Monsters: Dredd, Star Trek Reboots, and Dystopian Roles for Women
- Some things to consider if you want to make a living writing books.
- Superhero films by the numbers
- These Are The New Books That Major Sci-Fi And Fantasy Editors Say You Should Read
- We’re Finally Getting Firefly “Season 2.” What Do We Want to See?
- What Google proves you REALLY want to know about 15 sci-fi franchises
- What is Editing Worth?
- Who Actually Buys Books Anymore?
Science and Technology
- Black Holes May Have ‘Hair’
- Humans getting smarter, but what’s causing it?
- Mission Possible: Existing Tech Can Take Humans to Mars (Op-Ed)
- At Robotic Petting Zoo, ‘Animals’ Touch Back
- Testing Spacesuits For Mars: Three Mars spacesuit designs hop through obstacle courses.
- 15 gorgeous horror movie posters that sold for terrifying price tags
- The Walking Dead Posters: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Cover Art: The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard
- Cover Reveal: Emilie & The Sky World by Martha Wells
More Fun Stuff