The Hugo-nominated Apex Magazine, a monthly science fiction, fantasy, and horror magazine featuring original, mind-bending short fiction edited by the multi-Hugo Award-winning Lynne M. Thomas, has posted the table of contents for the October 2013 issue:
Issue 53 features the following content:
- “Becca at the End of the World” by Shira Lipkin
- “Grey in the Gauge of His Storm” by Damien Angelica Walters
- “An Assault of Color” by Mari Ness
- “Shatter” by Kelly McCullough
- “Blood on Vellum: Notes from the Editor-in-Chief” by Lynne M. Thomas
- “A Hammer with an Edge: Swords in Fantasy Literature” by Douglas Hulick
- “Interview with Kelly McCullough” by Lynne M. Thomas
- “First Intermission: The Day the Movies Came Knocking at My Door or ‘I’m Ready for My Close-up, Mr. DeMille!’” by Gary A. Braunbeck
- Download Podcast #4 (“Becca at the End of the World” by Shira Lipkin)
Cover art by Bruce Holwerda.
Apex Magazine is free for all to read at http://apex-magazine.com, and also available as a paid subscription on various electronic devices.