Interviews & Profiles
- Barnes and Nobles interviews Stephen R. Donaldson, author of The Last Dark.
- Crafting a Steampunk Espionage Thriller: An Interview with Cherie Priest of Fiddlehead.
- ENDER’S GAME Interview with Concept Artist Robert Simons
- The Examiner has an Interview with Joseph Nassise, author of Watcher of the Dark
- Guillermo del Toro Says Warner Bros. Planning “Entire DC Universe”
- Jeremy Zerfoss on Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Fiction
- Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill discuss the Ponds’ emotional exit from the series
- Neil Gaiman shares the inspiration behind his new alien invasion Who tale
- Vanity Fair spoke to David Goyer about his recent jobs writing Batman and Superman movies.
- KABB Fox interviews John Picacio.
Events & Event News
- Moments Lost – a team of musicians and artists’ love letter to Scott’s seminal sci-fi, Blade Runner, with new tracks recorded on the same equipment Vangelis used to craft the original score.
- Paradise Lost: First Contact – Take on the role of an alien plant and escape from a hostile scientific facility, full of secrets and dangerous experiments in this Wii U game.
- 5 Reasons Why Video Games Are Better Than Bars
- 8 Apps to Make You a Better Reader
- 10 Key Terms That Will Help You Appreciate Fantasy Literature
- 11 sci-fi casting rumors that would’ve been way better than what we actually got
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Latest Comic Book Easter Eggs
- The Best YA Books of 2013, as chosen by Omnivoracious
- The Changing Face of Science Fiction
- Coming to a bookstore near you: Authors as booksellers
- Doctor Who drama ‘a wonderful tribute’ to William Hartnell
- E-Books in Libraries, 2013 Has Been a Year of Small Victories and Bigger Battles
- Film School Rejects has 12 movies to watch after seeing Thor: The Dark World.
- I am a student at Harvard, where increasingly more people (including me) are abandoning the humanities. One of my English major friends just wrote a great post about this.
- LitStack names Supporting (or Secondary) Characters Who Deserve Their Own Book
- Martin Scorsese names his scariest films of all time
- Next week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be the Thor: The Dark World episode and here’s the promo…that has nothing to do with Thor: The Dark World. The Hollywood Reporter writes about the show’s major problems and Variety the dipping ratings.
- On the Lovecraftian Mode: Gord Sellar on why he writes lovecraftian fiction. Elizabeth Bear on the same question. I. N. J. Culbard on adapting Lovecraft.
- Reinventing the Book for the Digital Age: Good books allow the imagination to powerfully experience a story. Digital books have an opportunity to capitalize on these experiences.
- Richard Ellis Preston, Jr. on The Art of Genealogy in World Building
- Shelf Talk on The Romance of Military Science Fiction
- Space Odyssey: The Making of Gravity
- The Top 101 Science Fiction Adventures
- What Are Your Favorite SF/F/H Reading Memories?
- When Is Universal Going to Move Warcraft to a Galaxy Far, Far Away From Star Wars?
Science and Technology
- 27 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts in 2012
- How Self-Replicating Spacecraft Could Take Over the Galaxy
- What ‘Lost’ and ‘Star Trek’ Fans Will Love About J.J. Abrams’ Book S
- Women in space: beyond Gravity: The acclaimed movie Gravity focuses on the exploits of a female astronaut, but the real life history of women in space is no less enthralling
- First look at new USPS Harry Potter Forever stamps
- Have $2,000 to spare and a huge Iron Man fan? This Iron Man Mark VII from The Avengers will soon be available in a “Legendary Scale” edition.
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD Concept Art by Nathan Schroeder
- Watch Jay Leno take the Tumbler from Chris Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy out for a spin.
More Fun Stuff
- Inside the New Divergent Trailer: Watch Shailene Woodley Choose Dauntless