Interviews & Profiles
- David Dalglish and Michael J. Sullivan on Writing Fantasy Series
- Elizabeth Olsen on her role in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’.
- The Enchanted Inkpot interviews Matthew J. Kirby of The Lost Kingdom.
- Fantasy Book Addict with YA Science Fiction Author, Sarah Crossan, of Resist.
- How Jennifer Lawrence conquered the world: She snorts when she laughs, swears like a sailor and takes selfies on the red carpet. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire star is anything but a diva.
- Inigo Montoya actor Mandy Patinkin talks favorite quotes from ‘Princess Bride’ with CBS
- Mira Grant talks Parasite and the world’s end on our tour video
- On My Bookish Ways, Trish J. MacGregor talks about Ecuador, hungry ghosts, and Apparition
- The Qwillery welcomes debut author Mark H. Williams, author of Sleepless Knights.
- SFFWorld interviews Alexes Razevich, the author of Khe
- Tom Mison on his role in ‘Sleepy Hollow’ and breaking the rules
- The true Doctor Who: Tom Baker
- Nominations are now open for the 2013 Nebula Awards
- Reviews, bloggersIndieGalley is and Indie alternative to Netgalley.
- Airlock – a free three-part series from Distracted Media, the award-winning creators of of The Tunnel and Event Zero. The team has returned with Airlock and wants to fund the new series via Kickstarter so that the fans remain in control of the creative process.
- Firefly USB Flash Drive – Firefly Serenity in a pocket-sized, light-up Flash Drive! SHINY!
- MODUS – a turn-based artillery shooter game with real-time action elements for PC. Pilot mechanical units and battle against angry alien hordes.
- Pubslush Takes Crowdfunding to Books
- Agents of SHIELD named favorite new Fall Show. Whedon Fans still know how to win a poll.
- Amazon and The Rise of the E-Book Jerk
- PHOTOS: Are video games becoming too real?
- Argentina’s Bookstores Thrive Despite Digital Challenges
- BuzzFeed has ranked every Buffy episode from worst to best.
- Doctor Who’s Top 11 Technologies: 2013 Edition
- Dump your Kindle, bookseller urges as Amazon targets Australia
- Federal Bureaucrats Declare Hunger Games More Complex Than The Grapes of Wrath: The Common Core’s absurd new reading guidelines
- A Female Author Talks About Sexism and Self-Promotion
- IGN picks the Best Couples in DC Comics’ History
- J.J. Abrams and J.H. Wyman: Why Almost Human IS NOT like Blade Runner
- “More Than Entertainment” – a Whedonverse essay from “The Psychology of Joss Whedon”
- Sci-Fi roundup: Three books worth checking out
- Science Fiction Fridays: 5 new books that go great on ice
- Top ten women in video games
- TV that definitely isn’t the new cinema. “Tired of watching intricate dramas with epic pretensions? Here are six current series that are actual fun”. (Including Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- Watch Siskel And Ebert Completely Destroy A ‘Star Wars’ Hater On Live TV In 1983
- Whatever you think of Google as a company, the book-scanning decision is the right one
- Why Gravity matters: A film about everything, nothing and everything in between, we think Gravity is one of the best films of this or any age.
- Why Is Pop Culture So Obsessed With the Middle Ages?
- Why Marvel madness trumps DC darkness
Science and Technology
- 6 Sci-Fi Inventions That Could Be Real In Our Lifetime
- 3D Body-Part Printer And 8 Other Tech Jobs Coming In The Future
- During a recent appearance on the Daily Show, celebrity scientist Neil de Grasse Tyson killed the dreams of every person silently waiting for a zombie apocalypse.
- Hotel tycoon Bigelow wants to establish private property rights on the moon
- Robots: do we want to give them a licence to kill?
- The revolution will not be hand-stitched
More Fun Stuff
- Cover reveal for Echopraxia by Peter Watts
- Cover reveal for The League of Seven by Alan Gratz
- How to Make a Gift Card for an eBook
- “I Like A Girl Who Reads” Is a poetic Anthem to Female Bookworms
- Infographic: The Most Popular Books of All Time
- The Retronaut has posted a Letter regarding Orson Welles War of the Worlds broadcast