Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Kat Rocha of the 01 Publishing is a global imprint.
- A Fantastical Librarian interviews Carrie Patel, author of The Buried Life.
- The Murverse Annex interviews Gail Carriger, author of The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn’t, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Thomas Sweterlitsch, author of Tomorrow and Tomorrow.
- Open Road interviews John D. Mimms, author of The Tesla Gate.
- The Qwillery interviews Elise Walters, author of Tentyrian Legacy.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Gail Z. Martin, author of Deadly Curiosities.
- SciFiNow interviews Samit Basu, author of Resistance and Turbulence.
- Voyager Online interviews Alan Baxter, author of RealmShift.
Events & Event News
- Check out All the Mind Boggling Saturday Programming at SDCC 2014
- Kozmo-Knot – kinetic pantomime that takes a reader on a far away journey, then right back where they started … to begin again. Its the story of a spaceman and a caveman, a campfire and a blaster, a rocket ship, asteroid, a rocky off-world landscape.
- Modern Polaxis – an augmented Reality Comic Book and App about a paranoid time traveller.
- Book Review: NPR calls Unexpected Stories a Treat For Octavia E. Butler Fans
- Movie Review: The Inquisitr calls Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes the Most Human Adaptation Yet?
- Arthur D. Hlavaty reflects upon Heinlein: The Grand Prototype
- Carrie Patel offers this guest post on Civilization Beneath The Ashes at Fantasy Book Critic.
- Cracked explains 4 Reasons The New Star Wars Movies Will Inevitably Be Bad
- Damien G. Walter explains why Novels are losing the narrative arms race.
- Dealing In Science Fiction Classics At Readercon
- Dear Extraterrestrials: Sincerely, Earth. Jon Lomberg, the design director of the Voyager Golden Record project, wants to rethink the almost forty-year-old project for current times.
- The Family That Slays Dragons Together, Stays Together: Black Gate takes a look at Fantasy MMOs
- The latest issue of ReadingItaly (Italian Studies Postgraduate Forum, University of Reading, UK) is dedicated to Italian science fiction.
- Joshua Palmatier, author of Shattering the Ley writes about Character: Taking Control.
- I Knew I Wanted Her to be a Hero by Sandra Newman
- The Perfect 46: A Science Fiction Film About Our Near Future: “A sort of prequel to Gattaca” raises questions about genetics, family, and love
- Sci-Fi Writers’ War: They predicted and possibly inspired the conflict in the Ukraine.
- Thinking things through: On acts of resistance and our own SF
- Timothy Zahn says not to assume that all Star Wars Expanded Universe Books Are Non-Canon
- USA Today recommends 4 Sci-fi novels with the best “alien” narrators.
- Why Do we Love Super Hero movies? Mostly, it’s the costume envy, but I don’t speak for everyone.
- Why I’m Voting for Ann Leckie’s Ancillary Justice
- The World’s Most Fascinating Places, As Seen In Science Fiction Books
- Worldbuilding – can sci-fi help build a better world?
- “Forest Warrior” by Maxim Kostenko
- The Geek Art Gallery has posted a gallery of fan-made Guardians of the Galaxy movie posters.
- “Pigs Assault” by aJa
More Fun Stuff
- Cover Art: Check out the French cover art for Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books (More)
- Cover Art: Titles coming your way in 2015 from Taychon
- Get your own Star Trek Mirror Mirror beach towel
- The latest StoryBundle features 8 stories of gamer-themed fiction that explore the intersection of pixels and reality, curated by award-winning author Anthea Sharp. Each of these tales takes a gamer-centric look at the world, tackling big issues with plenty of geeky goodness along the way.
- Marvel Debuts a Web Series All About Cosplay
- Read an excerpt from Red Rising by Pierce Brown at Suvudu.
- Science Fact & Science Fiction Concatenation has just posted “The Front Line” by Sylvia Spruck Wrigley, one of the best four “Futures” SF stories of the 51 published by Nature last year.
- Space Vegetables Are the Best Hope for Quality Martian Cuisine
- This guy spent $500,000 in his Star Trek collection, clearly regrets nothing.
- Space.com on Capturing a Comet-Galaxy Conjunction.
- Watch a featurette on the making of the Visual Effects of Game of Thrones Season 4.