Interviews & Profiles
- Amazing Stories interviews Paul di Filippo, author of The Steampunk Trilogy.
- Bull Spec interviews Kim Harrison, author of The Witch with No Name.
- Bull Spec interviews Lev Grossman, author of The Magician’s Land.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Simon Clarke, author of Nailed by The Heart.
- Leticia Lara of Fantástica Ficción interviews Benjanun Sriduangkaew, author of Scale Bright.
- The Man Booker Prize interviews Neel Mukherjee, author of The Lives of Others.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Tawni O’Dell, author of One of Us.
- Nicky Peacock interviews Ryan Tandy, contributor to Lost in the Witching Hour.
- The Qwillery interviews M.C. Planck, author of Sword of the Bright Lady.
- Urban Fantasy Investigations interviews Shannon Mayer, author of Priceless.
- Bae Doo Na To Make Sci-Fi Magic With The Wachowkis. It’s too early to be sure I care. I’ll let you know after I’ve seen which way Jupiter Ascending goes.
- Keanu Reeves And Roland Emmerich Have Big Plans For Your TV
- The new Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame has been announced, and the first honorees will be inducted during the Aurora Awards Ceremony at VCON in Vancouver, October 4th.
- Peter Capaldi’s first Doctor Who Christmas special begins filming. Squeee!
- Ursula LeGuin to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award [More]
Events & Event News
- Jeff VanderMeer has posted the schedule for his September – November Acceptance Tour
- R.A. Salvatore will appear at Schuler Books & Musics on October 1st at 7:00 PM. RSVP on Facebook!
- SCI-FI-LONDON, the UK’s leading science fiction film festival, is teaming up with ICMK (Independent Cinema Milton Keynes) and the Cambridge Film Trust for Station X Sci-Fi – a curated weekend of immersive screenings and family-friendly workshops.
- Reassembly – a spaceship building and combat game featuring a dynamic spaceship ecosystem.
- Skyway Robbery – the Crook vs Crook, Globe-Spanning, High Altitude, Airship Heist of the Century
- Book Review: The Passage Is An Addictive And Unusual Take On Vampires
- Book Review: The Illusions of Control: Jeff VanderMeer’s extraordinary Southern Reach Trilogy.
- 10 Characters We’d Like to See on AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Two
- The Alternative Typewriter explains What Clarion Means to a Minority Writer
- Amazing Stories looks back at The Mediums of Jurassic Park.
- AudioBookaneers posted its weekly round-up of Audiobook releases, including The Bone Clocks.
- Author Ben Mezrich: Amazon’s Battle With Hachette Book Group Is ‘Terrifying’ For Writers.
- The Barnes and Noble Review discusses The Southern Reach Trilogy.
- Doctor Who Christmas special: What we know so far
- The Good Omens Radio Cast is Full of All Your Favorite People
- Haruki Murakami tells us what both novelists and long-distance runners need to be successful. We’re assuming “extremely tolerant significant others” factor in there somewhere…
- In response to an article on the things we would need to get a space colony up and running within this century, a discussion began about how those colonies would be used, with some commenters asking, if we do build it, what would actually make us go?
- A Mars One Candidate Explains Why He Wants A One-Way Ticket To Space
- Put On Some Pants and Get Out: Writing a Book Without Destroying a Marriage
- Reading Insecurity: Has the Internet killed thoughtful, prolonged engagement with a text—or are we nostalgic for a reading Eden that never existed?
- The Sci-Fi Book Classics You Need to Read Before You Die
- SciFiNow picks the Top 10 best comic-book movie villains ever
- Sleeps With Monsters: Another Post About Some Books from Tor.com.
- Watch Out Cupid! Transhumanism is Going to Change Love
- What Is YA? asks Scott Westerfeld.
- Can a camper be art? It can be when it looks like this.
- Rori! of Tiny Pink Robots has posted an amazing and incredibly comprehensive gallery of sketches of The Doctors, their Companions, and the Doctors’ Adversaries.
- Stuart Manning is currently creating posters for each episode of Doctor Who Series 8
More Fun Stuff
- Cover Reveal: The Younger Gods by Michael R. Underwood at My Bookish Ways
- Fan love from the Reddit Fantasy community for our choice of Ursula K. Le Guin for the 2014 Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.
- Read an excerpt from Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle at i09.
- Read an excerpt from The Copernicus Complex by Caleb Scharf at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from The Accidental Highwayman by Ben Tripp at Tor.com.
- Read the short story “Covenant” from Hieroglyph, a new science fiction anthology.
- Watch “Silo” a comedy about a lonely nuclear engineer shot inside an actual missile silo.
- Watch a trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- When Will Betelgeuse Explode? Astronomers give it 100,000 years. Mark your calendars, or it’s going to be Fourth of July all over again, with you arriving twenty minutes late because you thought you had time to stop off for milkshakes.