Interviews & Profiles
- Culturemap interviews David Mitchell, author of The Bone Clocks.
- Hypable interviews Taran Matharu, author of The Novice.
- The Qwillery interviews Maria Alexander, author of Mr. Wicker.
- USA Today interviews Kiersten White, author of Illusions of Fate.
- The Village Voice interviews Terry Gilliam, director of The Zero Theorem.
- Word and Film interviews James Dashner, author of The Maze Runner.
- Martians fail to shoot down latest Earth probe, forced to disguise their cites as giant rocks again.
- Laser cannons on planes are already a thing, proving G.I. Joe to be a font of prophecy once again.
Events & Event News
- Join Neal Stephenson, NASA’s Chief Scientist, and More for a Future Tense Event on Sci-Fi.
- Galaxy of Trian – Choose a race. Explore the galaxy. Gather resources. Develop powerful technology. Challenge your friends in this tile-based board game!
- Slaughterball – a board game of brutal sci-fi sports mayhem for 2-4 players with smooth rules, sizzling art, deluxe components, and large miniatures!
The Maze Runner
- Interviews: Blake Cooper at Just Jared | Chris Sheffield at Hypable | Director Wes Ball at HeroComplex | Director Wes Ball at Spinoff Online | Dylan O’Brien at Hollywood Life | Korean-American actor Ki Hong Lee at NPR | Will Poulter & Kaya Scodelario at Screen Rant
- News: Maze Runner Outpaces Liam Neeson on Way to $31 Million Debut
- Reviews: ABC News + | Boston Globe + | Buzzfeed + | CBR – | Chicago Sun-Times + | EW +/-
Forbes + | Hollywood Reporter + | i09 – | Liberty Voice + | Los Angeles Times (+/-) | NY Post –
Philadelphia Inquirer – | Quad-City Times – | The Seattle Times + | TIME + | Times-Picayune –
USA Today – | Variety – | Washington Post + | The Wire – | Yahoo Movies –
- 5 Cool Things to Know about The Maze Runner
- 7 Reasons To See The Maze Runner, explained by MTV
- 10 Big Differences Between The Maze Runner Book And Movie
- 12 Movies to Watch After You See The Maze Runner
- All The Times You’ll Unexpectedly Laugh During The Maze Runner
- Could The Maze Runner Be Next Big Movie Franchise?
- First-time director Wes Ball was hired on the basis of an 8-minute short titled “Ruin.”
- Five Maze Runner book-to-film changes we loved
- Here’s What You Need to Know About The Maze Runner Before You See It
- Nameless Nerds discuss dystopias, Maze Runner and more
- Yahoo! offers The Maze Runner 101
- Movie Review: Terry Gilliam’s The Zero Theorem Falls Flat Despite Its Dazzling Visuals
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired by the Bible
- The Best Feminist Sci-fi Moments In History, from Dana Scully to Mary Shelley
- Cli-Fi: Literary Genre Rises To Prominence In The Shadow Of Climate Change
- The Cut remembers The Most Feminist Moments in Sci-fi History
- Discovering Cuban Sci-fi: Ilan Stavans did some literary exploring in Cuba
- Forget the Tricorder: Why gadgets aren’t the coolest part of science fiction.
- The Inspiration Drought: Why our science fiction needs new dreams.
- Only Science Fiction Can Save Us! What sci-fi gets wrong about income inequality.
- Sci-fi once predicted the future, but has it become stale?
- Sci-fi writers, scientists imagine the future: A new project pairs science fiction authors with scientists to envision worlds that are both inspiring and achievable.
- Science Fiction Writers Take a Rosier View: “Imagine living in a weird science-fiction story where everything you dreamed up actually came true. Well, for some, that is not too far from reality.”
- Smart Pop Books wonders What If Lisbeth Salander Were Real?
- Why Is Our Sci-Fi So Glum About A.I.? More importantly, is out being glum doing anything to stave off our inevitable death at the hands of A.I.?
- Why We Need a Federal Robotics Commission: because the dystopian hell that is our bureaucracy is the only force known to man powerful enough to hamper our future robot overlords. … also because We Need to Pass Legislation on Artificial Intelligence Early and Often.
- Your Guide To New Science Fiction TV Shows Debuting This Fall
- Boba Fett pin-up tattoo
- Hand-made Doctor Who shoes, complete with Capald-eyes for people with angry feet
- “Shiny Objects” 4 new prints from artist Tim Doyle
More Fun Stuff
- Check Out Robot Alicia Vikander In Intriguing New Image From Sci-Fi Ex Machina
- Discussion: “Dystopian science fiction is popular because it’s easy.” No, it’s not. Good science fiction is never easy, dystopian or otherwise.
- Eat like a Time Lord at these Doctor Who-themed cafes around the world
- Future NASA astronauts will wear skintight spacesuits
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Just Made Vimeo Your One-Stop Source For MST3K
- Read an excerpt from Caveat Time Traveler at Nature magazine.
- Watch Helene Wecker reads from her debut novel, “The Golem and the Jinni“
- Watch a trailer for The Nostaglist at SciFied
- Watch a trailer for the Sci-Fi Thriller Infini.