Interviews & Profiles
- 3DTotal interviews Erik-Jan de Boer, the Animation Director behind The Maze Runner.
- Den of Geek interviews Wes Ball, author of The Maze Runner.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Seth Patrick, author of The Returned.
- The L.A. Times interviews Scott Westerfeld, author of Afterworlds.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Trey Dowell, author of The Protectors.
- The Qwillery interviews Christina Henry, author of Black Spring.
- The Qwillery interviews Ethan Reid, author of The Undying: An Apocalyptic Thriller.
- Samuel Montgomery-Blinn interviews Tony Daniel, author of Islands.
- Tor.com interviews David Hair, author of Unholy War.
- Tor.com interviews Ginn Hale, author of Champion of the Scarlet Wolf.
- Tor.com interviews Tina Connolly, author of “Old Dead Futures.”
- Elbakin.net has announced the winners of the 2014 edition of their literary award.
- James Earl Jones To Reprise Darth Vader Role
- Under the Dome and Extant Have Been Renewed By CBS
- There’s a Firefly game coming. And it actually looks shiny.
Events & Event News
- Anne Rice will be hold a Midnight Book Launch for Prince Lestat at The British Library October 29th.
- The British Library is holding the UK’s biggest ever Gothic exhibition, Terror and Wonder: The Gothic Imagination, October 3rd – January 20th 2015. Book now
- The Last Scout – a co production about the last scout ship looking for a new earth for humanity.
- Zombie ApocalyOOPS!: a mutating card game in which players shift between human and zombie while battling each other to survive!
- Book Review: io9 calls Rooms “The Perfect Novel For Long Scary Fall Nights.”
- Book Review: Peter Straub reviews The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue. He says that Donohue’s book is “in the territory of the wholehearted, up-for-anything Gothic” and says that Donohue wrote “a very good book by a writer who is even better than that.” [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Book Review: Paul Di Filippo reviews Raising Hell by Norman Spinrad
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas & Viewers Sleep Through Sci-Fi Snoozer Autómata
- Movie Review: Automata Is Brilliantly Original Science Fiction, Ruined By Cliches
- Movie Review: The Verge calls Automata “The most atmospheric sci-fi film since Blade Runner.”
- The 10 strangest twists on classic horror tales
- The AudioBookaneers has posted its weekly list of audiobook releases, including Ancillary Sword.
- Doctor Who just came out – as a pro-life Christian conservative, argues The Telegraph.
- Female Sci-Fi and Fantasy Authors Went Ignored for Far Too Long, and It’s Time You Paid Attention.
- A glimpse into the future: Will our robots have legal rights?
- Has Tomorrowland marked the end of the dystopian film trend? Probably not.
- Is Interstellar Just Another Product of the Hype Machine?
- The Magician’s Land author Lev Grossman on breaking the rules of fantasy.
- The Problem With Sci-Fi Is the People, claims Bloomberg View
- Sci-Fi authors explain the relation of scientific advancements to genre
- Science fiction’s utopias are built out of wilful ignorance: Project Hieroglyph challenges SF writers to move away from dystopian stories, but real-world questions go unanswered
- We Came This Close to a Doctor Who Musical
- Rare Star Wars Art Sees The Light Of Day For The First Time
More Fun Stuff
- Canada’s National Reading Campaign has partnered with CBC to pull together an infographic to show the bodily benefits of reading, as if improving your mind wasn’t reason enough.
- Empire Strikes Back Uncut Is A Bizarre And Beautiful Fan Made Recreation
- Lost Gets the Musical Treatment
- Read an excerpt from The Abyss Beyond Dreams by Peter Hamilton at Suvudu.
- Watch Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series Test Footage