Interviews & Profiles
- Geekadelphia interviews Sci-Fi Author/Blogger/Podcaster Fran Wilde.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Jeyn Roberts. (Plus: giveaway!)
- Amazing Stories interviews James Gunn.
- Amazing Stories interviews Johanna Sinisalo and Hannu Rajaniemi.
- Orbit interviews Brian Ruckley.
- The Guardian interviews Guy Gavriel Kay. [via Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist]
- Tor.com interviews William Gibson.
- Bull Spec (Angela and Gerald Blackwell) interviews David Weber and Timothy Zahn.
- Functional Nerds Patrcik Hester and John Anealio interview John Klima.
- Little Red Reviewer interviews David Towsey.
- Available now: Superpow edited by KV Taylor..
- Uncanny Magazine starts its appearances next Tuesday.
- Radio Free Albemuth, adapted from the Philip K. Dick story, is now streaming via Netflix [Thanks, Rick Klaw!]
- Humble Horror Book Bundle (pay what you want and help charity).
- The City Stained Red by Sam Sykes is now available as a $1.99 eBook (Read an excerpt!)
- Now available for pre-order: Rolling in the Deep by Mira Grant.
- Coming in December: Minister Faust’s podcast/vlog MF GALAXY.
Events & Event News
- November 1st at Skylight Books in L.A.: WIlliam Gobson reads from his novel The Peripheral. [via File 770]
- November 20th on Facebook: Celebrate Imagination 2014, a Party and Book Sale event for Science Fiction and Fantasy Lovers.
- Eleanor Arnason on Writing the Other, Writing Oneself.
- Fran Wilde on Reading In Public.
- Gail Z. Martin on Short Fiction in the New Publishing Reality.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on Recommended Reading List: September, 2014.
- Nina Munteanu on Short Story or Long Story? How to Decide on the Length of Your Story.
- John Scalzi’s The Big Idea features Tricia Sullivan (Shadowboxer).
- GW Thomas on James Blish of the Jungle.
- Max Gladstone on Halloween and Identity.
- Neal Asher is Batman Today!.
- Ian Sales on All Those Vanished Engines by Paul Park.
- Ashley Capes on City Of Masks and Beginnings.
- John E. O. Stevens on A Brief Explanation, and A $5 Book Sale!
- Aaron Sagers on My break-up letter to super hero movies.
- Giant Freakin RobotGiant Freakin Robot on How Frank Paul’s Sci-Fi Art Went From Pulp Covers To Forrest J. Ackerman’s Walls.
- Jeremiah Tolbert on Talent is Worthless if You Lack Motivation.
- Stellar Four (Meghan B.) on Stellar Four: A Not So Lonesome Night In October.
- MIT Technology Review on The MIT Science Fiction Society Has Been Bringing Together Adventurous Readers for Decades. [via Making Light]
- The Washington Post (Elizabeth Hand) on Lestat returns: In her new novel, Anne Rice revives a much-loved vampire. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Kirkus Reviews (me!) on 10 Things This Fan Was Surprised to Learn About Science Fiction.
- Vida Cruz on 10 reasons why libraries should carry local speculative fiction. [via Rocket Kapre]
- Gary McMahon’s Top 5 Haunted House Novels.
- Geant Vert, Sparth – Nicolas Bouvier.
- Low Larva, Sparth – Nicolas Bouvier.
- Portals, Dylan Scher.
- Robot Battle, Dylan Scher.
- Poster: Army of Darkness.
- Thief, Jesper Ejsing.
- The temple of God by ZhongFenghua.
- Astronaut Girl by Cennie.
- Appearances by nestoronfire.
- EdgeOfTomorrow Caricature by GawiGawen.
More Fun Stuff
- Video: George R. R. Martin vs. Amy Poehler THRONES Trivia.
- Harry Harrison! Harry Harrison! (Excerpt) by Harry Harrison.
- Read it for Free: “The Last Challenge” by John Marco.
- THE CUTTING ROOM coming attraction: “The Pied Piper of Hammersmith” by Nicholas Royle.
- New issue posted: Four Star Stories.
- 9 Brilliant Pieces of Science Fiction You Can Read in the Time It Takes to Eat Lunch.
- George R.R. Martin and Tom Doherty Visit H.P. Lovecraft’s Grave.