Angry Robot Books resumes their normal publication in March of next year with the launch of Flex by Ferrett Steinmetz, which features this cool cover photographed and designed by Steven Meyer-Rassow. (See a larger version after the jump for its awesome detail.)
Here’s the tantalizing synopsis of Flex:
A desperate father will do anything to heal his daughter in a novel where Breaking Bad meets Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files
FLEX. Distilled magic in crystal form. The most dangerous drug in the world. Snort it, and you can create incredible coincidences to live the life of your dreams.
FLUX: The backlash from snorting Flex. The universe hates magic and tries to rebalance the odds; maybe you survive the horrendous accidents the Flex inflicts, maybe you don’t.
PAUL TSABO: The obsessed bureaucromancer who’s turned paperwork into a magical Beast that can rewrite rental agreements, conjure rented cars from nowhere, track down anyone who’s ever filled out a form. But when all of his formulaic magic can’t save his burned daughter, Paul must enter the dangerous world of Flex dealers to heal her. Except he’s never done this before – and the punishment for brewing Flex is army conscription and a total brain-wipe.
- Mass Market Paperback
- Publisher: Angry Robot (March 3, 2015)
- ISBN-10: 0857664603
- ISBN-13: 978-0857664600
Courtesy of the the good folks at Angry Robot, SF Signal has 5 electronic Adavnce Revew Copies (ARCs) of Flex to give away to 5 lucky SF Signal readers around the globe!
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Flex eARC“
- In the body of the email, please tell us the desired eBook format you’d prefer: epub or mobi.
- Geographic restrictions: None! This giveaway is open to everyone.
- The giveaway will end Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.