Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Crossed Genres #23 – November 2014 – School
- Galaxy’s Edge #11 – November 2014
- Kaleidotrope Autumn 2014
- Abyss & Apex #52 – 4th Quarter 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Anotherealm: “Cell 334” by Billy Lyons [Weird]
- AntipodeanSF #197 – November 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Murder of Crows” by Jeremy Szal [Fantasy]
- “The Only Skill…” by Zeb Carter [Science Fiction]
- Flash Fiction:“Famine” by Kevin J. Phyland [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“Hatracks & Junkyards” by Tom Grayhorse [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“How Fluffy Ruined My Reputation” by Wes Parish [Horror Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“Human Shapes” by Sean Mulroy [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“IDIOT” by Jason Butterfield [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“Outer Edges” by Pavelle Wesser [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“The Bay It Buzz” by Harris Tobias [Science Fiction Flash]
- Flash Fiction:“The Severed Finger” by Grant Terry [Horror Flash]
- Micro Fiction:“Good Intentions” by David Scholes [Science Fiction Flash]
- Apex Magazine #66 – November 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Brute” by Rich Larson [Science Fiction]
- “Candy Girl” by Chikodili Emelumadu [Fantasy]
- “The New Girl” by Marissa Lingen [Science Fiction]
- Steal the Spotlight:“Guided Breathing Exercise: Being Mindful of the Succubus in Your Bedroom” by Christine Purcell [Fantasy Flash]
- Steal the Spotlight:“Stone Woman” by Robin Wyatt Dunn [Fantasy Flash]
- Steal the Spotlight:“The Fitzpatrick Solution” by Loreen Heneghan [Science Fiction Flash]
- Steal the Spotlight:“The Stagman’s Song” by Ginger Weil [Fantasy]
- Steal the Spotlight:“When a Crossroads is a Corner” by MJ Starling [Horror Flash]
- Steal the Spotlight:“Whispering Waters” by Jessica Walsh [Dark Fantasy Flash]
- @Author’s Site: “Snapshots” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Historical / Science Fiction]
- @Baen: “Bare Snow Falling on Fairywood” by Wen Spencer [Fantasy]
- @Bastion Science Fiction Magazine: “Shenzhen Blues” by Spencer Wightman [Science Fiction]
- Clarkesworld Magazine #98 – November 2014
- “Cameron Rhyder’s Legs” by Matthew Kressel [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- “Cody” by Pat Cadigan [Science Fiction – from 2011]
- “Pernicious Romance” by Robert Reed [Post-Apocalyptic]
- “The Long Haul From the ANNALS OF TRANSPORTATION, The Pacific Monthly, May 2009” by Ken Liu [Science Fiction]
- “The Vorkuta Event” by Ken MacLeod [Science Fiction – from 2011]
- Crossed Genres #23 – November 2014 – School [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- Galaxy’s Edge #11 – November 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Cryptic” by Jack McDevitt [from 1983]
- “Dead Worlds” by Jack Skillingstead [from 2013]
- “Fate and Other Variables” by Alex Shvartsman
- “Honeymoon” by Maureen McHugh [from 2011]
- “Nikki Dark and the Black Rust” by Lou J. Berger
- “No Place for a Hero” by James Aquilone [Fantasy]
- “Song of the Sargasso” by Marina J. Lostetter
- “The Orphan Tractors” by Ralph Roberts
- “The Pain Peddlers” by Robert Silverberg [from 1963]
- “Zombies at Work” by Leena Likitalo
- “Part 5”
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “From Stone and Bone, From Earth and Sky” by A.C. Wise [Fantasy – also available as eBook]
- Heroic Fantasy Quarterly #22 [Heroic Fantasy Magazine]
- Kaleidotrope Autumn 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Kasma SF: “Crossing Borders” by Tom Doyle [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Short-Story.me: “The Oldest Woman in the World” by Aaron Scott [Horror]
- @The WiFiles: “Dragon Girl Star Zenith” by Judi Calhoun [Urban Fantasy]
- @Triptych Tales:
- Uncanny Magazine #1, Part 1 – November [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Weird Fiction Review: “Sounds of Rising Water” by Paul Boccaccio [Weird]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction: “The Offering” by Katie Stevens [Horror Flash]
- Flash Fiction Online November 2014 [Flash Fiction Magazine]
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Musketeer Space by Tansy Rayner Roberts – Part 25 – “A Love Letter To Absent Friends” [Space Opera Serialization]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #430 by [Science Fiction]
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod: Vanishing Point –“The Third Bank Of The River” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1985]
- @Clarkesworld Magazine:
- Drabblecast #341 – “The Litany of Earth” by Ruthanna Emrys [Horror]
- Far Fetched Fables #29 – “Steam Girl” by Dylan Horrocks and “Blood Drunk” by Adam Browne by [Speculative Fiction]
- @Gypsy Audio:
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “What Glistens Back” by Sunny Moraine [Science Fiction]
- Tales To Terrify #146 – “Nine Nights” by T. S. Brazelli and “Goobers” by Scott Edelman by [Horror]
- Toasted Cake #128 – “Turning Back the Clock” by David Steffen [Speculative Fiction]
- Uncanny Magazine Podcast #1 – “If You Were a Tiger, I’d Have to Wear White” by Maria Dahvana Headley [Speculative Fiction]
- Welcome to Night Vale Bonus Episode #1 – “Minutes” by [Fantasy Serial]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- @Relic Radio:
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Anvil of Tears (The Reforged Trilogy #1) by Aron Christensen
Maeve Cavainna is running and her wings won’t save her. The infamous bounty hunter, Logan Coldhand, chases close behind her and intends to drag Maeve back to the planet of Axis to collect the high price on her head. When he finally corners her, the long chase seems to be over… until a frightened alien girl stumbles into their fight and begs for their protection. Maeve and Logan call a reluctant end to their battle and promise to help the girl, but they have agreed to far more than they know. Can the fragile peace between hunter and mark hold long enough to save the lives that depend on them?
[Space Opera Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction – Young Adult
Oh My God (CUL8R) by Bob Kat
Change the past, Save the future.
Three high school friends are able to do two things no one else on the planet can do… talk with dead people and time travel to the past.
[Time Travel Romance – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
After The Fires Went Out: Coyote (Book One of the Unconventional Post-Apocalyptic Series) by Regan Wolfrom
First came the comet. Then came the fires. Now we fight to save what’s left.
Baptiste, stranded 500 miles from his wife and daughter, at the northern edge of civilization, has made a vow to protect a teenage girl from the chaos that surrounds them. But as food and fuel runs out, and even friends prove they can’t be trusted, Baptiste realizes that this promise won’t be easy to keep.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery (The Thaneaddus Chronicles #1) by Jennifer Hampton
[YA / New Adult Urban Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Crimson Blade (The Wrath of the Gods #1) by Corey Soreff
When an infamous mercenary oversteps his bounds, he angers the Gods and incurs their wrath. Eucibous and his companions have the world thrown against them as the forces of both good and evil seek to have him destroyed. Old heroes are reincarnated, and new heroes are forged. Do Eucibous and his mercenary guild the Crimson Blade have what it takes to defeat the heavens?Or will his pride and hunger for battle lead to his doom?
[Epic Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Odd Tales by Jeffrey Dean Doty
Ghosts, skeletons, fey creatures, haunted guitars, and even time travel have their places in this collection of short stories from the wonderfully warped mind of Jeffrey Dean Doty.
[Fantasy Collection – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
DreamQuest (Lands of Daranor #1) by Bill T Pottle
A young boy in a small village has a mysterious dream that hints of the fantastic power of the Water Orb, one of the four elemental forces that has been lost to the world for nearly three centuries. Heeding the advice of the powerful wizard Zelin, Tarthur sets off on a quest to understand his dream and its consequences for the fate of civilization.
[Middle Grade / YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Empire DJ (Volume 1) by Kaye Wagner
Who is the Empire DJ?
His voice moving nations into chaos, stirring the maddening few to great power and delusion as order crumbles in the wake of his hypnotic sound.
[YA Dystopian Dark Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Skeleton Park by Christina Smith
Avery is running: from her past, from her friends and family, and from her memories. But she doesn’t have a choice. It was her mother that made the decision to whisk her away from the only home she had ever known. It was her mother’s idea to move to Canada after a terrible tragedy that shook their happy existence. She chose a place where they can be safe and at peace, a place where nothing bad ever happens.
Could Avery have changed her mom’s mind and stayed with her friends? Probably. Did she want to? No.
When Avery starts to settle into her new surroundings she meets new friends and a guy that might just help her move on. She couldn’t be happier of the choice to make such a drastic change. There are no reminders of her past and she is adjusting faster than she ever thought she could.
Life is perfect. Or is it? What Avery and her mother didn’t realize is that running from one evil had only led them to another. After all, when something sounds too good to be true…it probably is.
[YA Dark Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
The Child Prince (The Artifactor #1) by Honor Raconteur
Sevana Warran, reigning prodigy Artifactor of the age, has absolutely no desire to selflessly serve her fellow man. She wants, in fact, to be left alone so that she can putter about in her workroom.
But her efforts in avoiding other people prove to be in vain. The reigning family of Windamere is no longer sitting upon the throne and the Council has instead taken power. The sole hope of avoiding the evil machinations of the Council is Bellomi Dragonmanovich, Prince of Windamere. As a twenty-one year old cursed into the body of a perpetual eight year old, he lacks the power and ability to stop the Council.
Sevana, after a judicious review of the situation, decides that she cannot let things continue. If she did, she’d never be left alone and would instead be buried in paperwork if the Council has anything to say about it. So she kidnaps the prince from where he was locked away in the palace and sets about breaking his curse.
Prince and Artifactor quickly realize that simply breaking the curse won’t be enough to free Windamere from the Council. It will take training, cunning, allies, information and more than just a little magic if they are to reclaim the throne.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Blood, Brains and Bullets by Sean Liebling
Jay has started his daily routine as a single father of three, when the news hits of massive deaths— then reanimations—from the vaccine distributed by the government to combat the super-flu virus that has been sweeping the globe. For Jay, it’s irritating because it interrupts his normal comedic attempts at nailing every sweet piece of ass in the area. Being a survivalist means he has a lot of ‘stuff’, as you can never have too much, and before he can even take shelter in his homemade retreat to ride out the apocalypse, friends start showing up who need his help. Before he knows it, he’s forced into the unenviable position of assuming leadership over his community, or what’s left of it, and fighting on multiple fronts against the forces of the evil undead, neighboring marauders, and assassins of a Shadow Government with a secret, 200-year-old New World Order Eugenics plan. Of course, that plan of theirs doesn’t include him and his, so this Marine does what all Marines do best: He kicks ass without bothering to take names, and along the way he happens to fall into the clutches of a girl or three. Women can be very demanding. Even during a Zombie Apocalypse!
[Zombie Novel – First of Series – Amazon]