Interviews & Profiles
- ABC News interviews Christopher Nolan, director of Interstellar.
- Art Spiegelman chats Neil Gaiman, author of Hansel & Gretel.
- BullSpec interviews Timothy Zahn, author of Soulminder.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Jeremy Thompson, author of The Phantom Cabinet.
- Mother Jones interviews William Gibson, author of The Peripheral.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Chase Novak, author of Brood.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Kaaron Warren, author of Slights.
Events & Event News
- Brian K. Vaughan will appear at Comix Experience on Saturday, November 22, 2014 from 3:00-8:00 pm to celebrate the release of the first Saga hardcover collection! RSVP on Facebook
- I Hate Zombies – a fun, quick game of terrible hordes of zombies and the people that hate them.
- Dead Meat: Quarantine Zone America – an action-packed tabletop skirmish game, where human factions compete in the ruined wasteland of the zombie apocalypse.
- 10 reasons why libraries should carry local speculative fiction.
- The AudioBookaneers has posted its monthly round-up of audiobook releases, including The Peripheral by William Gibson and The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
- Curse Your Sudden But Inevitable Betrayal: Things I Have Argued About While Watching Firefly
- Den of Geek on Bringing HP Lovecraft to the big screen
- How Interstellar made Michael Caine think again about climate change.
- Is Interstellar science fiction or fact? Over to you, professors
- Gail Carriger has launched The Parasol Protectorate Wiki.
- GainesvilleScene on Avenging Stereotypes in Sci-Fi Films.
- How a Game of Dungeons & Dragons Helped Cast Elliot in E.T.
- Interstellar hopes to become first sci-fi Best Picture Winner.
- Is writing magic? Chuck Wendig discusses.
- Laura Ruby is less than impressed with that article on the Mary Sue on YA Fiction.
- My Bookish Ways offers its monthly round-up of New Releases in Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror.
- Paul McAuley considers Science Fiction That Isn’t Science Fiction.
- When Science Fiction Grew Up: How renegade sci-fi writers of the 1960s paved the way for today’s blending of literary and genre fiction.
- Why we must explore space
- Worm holes and space travel: Could Interstellar actually happen?
- Alien: The Archive art and photo book
- Make your own Doctor Who scarf rug!
- Scenes from Star Wars by Dave Dorman
More Fun Stuff
- 10 Cool Sci-Fi Technologies Invading Our Reality
- Almost every reference in The Cabin in the Woods explained. Youtube Channel GoodBadFlicks takes a look at the various influences on “The Cabin in the Woods”.
- Goodbye weekend plans: Internet Archive now lets you play 900 classic arcade games
- How Earth like is Titan? It has shimmering seas with a composition identical to the Gulf of Mexico
- The Physics of a Spinning Spacecraft in Interstellar.
- Read an excerpt from The Unhappening of Genesis Lee by Shallee McArthur at Tor.com.
- Terminator 5 first epic battle scene in new storyboard art
- Watch a trailer for The Ex Machina.
- Wormholes: explaining the science behind Interstellar.