Interviews & Profiles
- New Republic interviews Ana Lily Amirpour, director of Girl Walks Home Alone at Night. “We Like Vampires Because We Hate Death”
- OUTLOUD Multimedia interviews Maggie Stiefvater, author of Blue Lily, Lily Blue.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Amy K. Nichols, author of Now That You’re Here.
- USA Today interviews Tonya Kuper, author of Anomaly.
- BitTorrent announce original sci-fi series Children of the Machine
- Scientists ‘Worried’ After DNA Survives On Exterior Of Rocket. If that’s not the premise of a great monster movie, I don’t what is.
- UFO Publishing 2014 Holiday Bundle Sale.
- Cyber Monday Deals – Up to 75% off Select Products | Apex Publications.
Events & Event News
- Brian K. Vaughan (Ex Machina, Y: The Last Man) appears at Midtown Comics Downtown in NYC on Thursday, December 18th at 6:30 PM for a signing of Saga Vol 4 TP. RSVP on Facebook
- Writer Michael Moreci and artist Christopher Mitten appear at Defiant Comics in Forest Park, IL on Wednesday, November 26th from 1:00 – 4:00 pm to sign DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES from Boom! Studios! RSVP on Facebook!
- BOX: A Live Science Fiction Trilogy – Help The Pulp Stage company bring this story to a new stage!
- Defiant, She Advanced: A Science Fiction Anthology – Inspire defiance with a libertarian science fiction anthology led by strong, daring characters
- 2001: A Space Odyssey – 6 reasons Why It’s The Most Important Sci-Fi of all-Time
- Artificial intelligence: how clever do we want our machines to be?
- Den of Geek look ahead to New US sci-fi, fantasy and horror shows for 2015.
- Doctor Who: 9 things that series 9 must deliver
- Frank Gehry Defends the Lucas Museum, Calls it a “Great Asset”
- The Guardian explains Why Clara Oswald should stay in Doctor Who
- The Guardian suggests these Top ten books to read now you’ve finished The Hunger Games.
- How Doctor Who Got Good Again (in Two Easy Steps)
- How Sci Fi teaches IT Ethics
- The Huffington Posts names The Best Dystopian Novels Everyone Should Read
- Lewis Beale explains How Star Wars ruined sci-fi.
- The News Tribune argues that Mockingjay can echo, not solve, our problems
- The Real Mr. Difficult, or Why Cthulhu Threatens to Destroy the Canon, Self-Interested Literary Essayists, and the Universe Itself. Finally. by Nick Mamatas
- Re-Viewed: 2001 A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick’s sci-fi masterpiece
- Science fiction: How not to build a future society
- Science-Fiction TV Finds a New Muse: Feminism
- Science fiction writers must battle video games with words
- What do genre readers look like? (According to YouGov)
More Fun Stuff