John E. O. Stevens, Fred Kiesche and Jeff Patterson gather for the SECOND episode of December! This time out they are joined by Karen Burnham to talk about William Hope Hodgson’s classic The House on the Borderland. Topics include the novel’s unique storytelling, possible interpretations, and where it falls in the spectrum of SF/F.
Fred has posted a companion piece to this episode on his blog as an introduction to both Hodgson and the book.
And even though we discussed our recent genre culture consumed in last week’s episode, we still manage to have more to talk about.
Total running time: 1 hour 11 minutes.
- The House on the Borderland Paperback
- The House on the Borderland (Dover Mystery, Detective, & Other Fiction)
- The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson: House on Borderland & Other Mysterious Places
- The Winter Boy by Sally Wiener Grotta
- The Sandman, Vol. 2: The Doll’s House by Neil Gaiman and Mark Dringenberg
- The House on the Borderland Audible Edition
- The HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast – See episodes 216, 217 and 218 for coverage of “The House on the Borderland”
- X-Files Season 1
- Jack Vance – Great Crusades
- The Winter Boy – Pixel Hall Press
- Howard Taylor: Schlock Mercenary 02: The Teraport Wars
- Battlestar Galactica: The Death of Apollo (Dynamite)
- Escape from New York (BOOM!)
- The Autumnlands: Tooth And Claw (Image)
© 2014 SF Signal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: email@example.com