Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
- @Beneath Ceaseless Skies:
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- Escape Pod #476 – “In Loco Parentis” by Andrea Phillips [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Nightmare Magazine: “The Trampling” by Christopher Barzak [Horror – also available in audio]
- @Omni Reboot: “The Visitors Warns Of First Contact” by Erik Moshe [Science Fiction]
- @Author’s Site: “Purity Test” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Fantasy]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- “A Short Dark Night” by Benjamin Sixsmith [Science Fiction Flash]
- “All Right, Have It Your Way – You Heard a Seal Bark” by Theric Jepson [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Aqueous Solution” by Bob Newbell [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Coal Miners” by Duncan Shields [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Last Man” by George R. Shirer [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Calm” by Ian Hill [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Too Many Coppers” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- “A Million Oysters For Chiyoko” by Caroline M Yoachim [Speculative Fiction Flash]
- “Dance the Light Fantastic” by Lee Hallison [Science Fiction Flash]
- “For Your Time” by Jamie Lackey [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Kindness of Bones” by Leslie Jane Anderson [Fairy Tale Flash]
- “Treatment naive” by Steve Zisson [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction:
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Musketeer Space by Tansy Rayner Roberts – Part 35 – “Is It Love Or Just Paris?” [Space Opera Serialization]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Audio Vault #14 – “Between Shifting Skin and Certainty” by Justin Howe [Fantasy]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Podcast #142 – “Everything Beneath You” by Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam [Fantasy]
- @Clarkesworld Magazine:
- Escape Pod #476 – “In Loco Parentis” by Andrea Phillips [Science Fiction – also available in audio]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “The Archon” by Matthew Hughes [Fantasy]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “The Trampling” by Christopher Barzak [Horror]
- #346 –“The Pilgrim and the Angel” by E. Lily Yu [Fantasy]
- “#347 – Flash Fiction Extravaganza: Great Power, Greater Responsibilities” [Fantasy]
- Pseudopod #421 – “The Three Chimes” by David Longshore [Horror]
- #368 –“Digital Rights” by Brent Knowles [Science Fiction]
- #369 –“Bots d’Armor” and “Mother’s World” by Cat Rambo [Science Fiction]
- #370 –“Lullaby” by Anna North [Science Fiction]
- #371 –“Silence in Florence” by Ian Creasey and “The Piratical Sabbital” by Ian Whates [Science Fiction]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Relic Radio: Dark Fantasy –“Pennsylvania Turnpike” [Horror Radio Drama – from 1942]
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Ghost Train to New Orleans by Mur Lafferty – Episode 12 [Urban Fantasy Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Ghost Train to New Orleans by Mur Lafferty – Episode 13 [Urban Fantasy Novel Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
C.R.O.W. (The Union Series) by Phillip Richards
Andy Moralee knew that life with his new company of Dropship Infantry would be hard, but nothing could prepare him for life in one of the toughest units in the Union army. New arrivals, nicknamed ‘Crow’ by their platoons, are the lowest form of life in his Company, and he finds himself at the mercy of unforgiving commanders and bullies, all the time knowing that the real enemy are waiting for him at the end of his journey through the void. The enemy know that the Union are coming, they have dug in and fortified, and they are ready.
[Military Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Daughter of the High Lords and other Speculative Fiction Stories by David Scholes
A collection of some 14 science fiction and science fantasy short stories.
[Science Fiction and Science Fantasy Collection – Amazon]
The Rise of Planet Rubicon – Part One by Dasrim Hasik
Jack is a teenager who lives in a dysfunctional Missouri family. Jack loves chemistry and astronomy. His is fascinated looking at photos of planets, stars and galaxies. He wants to major in Aerospace Engineering and even work for NASA in some capacity. Yet, the environment he lives in is not encouraging at all.
[Hard Science Fiction Serial – First Part – Amazon]
“Tripler: The Beginning” by Neil Vogler
The ability to Triple comes at a price: insanity, manifesting itself as a murderous rage…
In the near future an impossible virus is giving people the ability to summon two identical physical copies of themselves into existence at any time and in any situation – sending them violently insane as a side-effect. They call the infected ‘Triplers’.
Harry Allwear is a specialist tracker, an experienced, highly-trained operative working for an international organisation dedicated to wiping out the Tripler menace. But after his latest mission goes badly wrong and a dangerous target gets the better of him, Harry regains consciousness to find his worst fear realised: he’s been deliberately infected with the virus.
[Science Fiction Adventure Short Story – Prequel to Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Remnants: A Record of Our Surviva by Daniel Powell
The blight fell across the face of the world like a shroud. It mutated so quickly that the virologists never really had a chance.
America sealed its borders, but it was too late. By the time the first North American cannibalism clusters surfaced in Montreal, Winnipeg, and Vancouver, the blight was already incubating in many northern cities.
A dozen weeks later, everything was gone.
And yet, survivors have persisted. This is the story of the Keanes—an ordinary American family from what used to be Portland, Oregon—and their not-so-ordinary story of survival in the face of unthinkable human depravity.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novelette – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Chronicles of Steele: Raven – Episode 1 by Pauline Creeden
Human life has value.
The poor living in the gutter are as valuable as the rich living in a manor.
The scoundrel is no less valuable than the saint.
Because of this, every life a reaper takes must be redeemed.
Raven has lived by this first tenet since she was trained by her father to become a reaper. But since his death, she’s been spending years redeeming the lives she’s taken. By her count, she’s even and it’s time for that life to end. If she settles down and becomes a wife, she might just feel human again. But on the way to the life she thinks she wants, the baron of New Haven asks her to complete a task which she cannot ignore… Just when Raven decides to give up on her life as an assassin, she’s pulled right back in.
[Fantasy Serial – First Episode – Amazon]
The Bite on the Line (Bytarend #1) by Simon Cantan
Clinging to the bar running along the front of the platform, Sergeant Osric has a lot of time to think about how he got there. About how he’s shooting through a forest on a rocket powered railcar. About how a grinning thief is clinging to the same bar beside him. Most of all, though, about how he’s heading for Bytarend; a town no-one has heard from in almost a hundred years. There has to be a reasonable explanation for their silence, after all. Osric tries to think of a reason that doesn’t end in his horrible death…
… he can’t come up with one.
[Dark Fantasy Adventure Comedy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Eustice (The Reaper Corps #1) by Alex Gulczynski
Eustice P. Jennings awakens alone and confused on an ugly piece of office furniture in Purgatory. Being dead is the least of her problems as she is quickly drafted into the dangerous Reaper Corps and plunged headfirst into the endless conflict between Heaven and Hell. Friends and allies are few and far as Eustice struggles to find her place in a surreal world she never imagined could exist.
[YA Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Inherited Magic by Jennifer Mccullah
Being a teenager was hard, but being a teenager chased by magic thieves was even harder.
Allison was an outspoken, impulsive girl who stayed in trouble most of the time. Her only family was a small group of friends and the grandmother who raised her. When she became sixteen, Allison developed special abilities and her life was turned upside down. She thought she had problems before, but they were nothing compared to what she now faces.
She must deal with secrets, an estranged family member and worst of all: The Blood Coven. They’re ruthless, powerful and will stop at nothing to steal her magic.
As they close in on Allison, she hopes she is strong enough to stand against them.
[YA Fantasy Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
“Zombie Wake “ by Storm J. Helicer
When Park Ranger Storm Helicer responds to a nighttime wild animal call, he finds more than an angry three legged bear. Using muscle memory from his training and a good friends timeless advice, Ranger Helicer adapts enforcement tactics to deal with the deadly zombie menace.
[Zombie Short Story – Amazon]