Interviews & Profiles
- EW interviews Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, co-writers of HBO’s Westworld.
- EW interviews Pierce Brown, author of Red Rising.
- The Independent interviews Samantha Shannon, author of The Mime Order.
- The Nerdist interviews Summer Glau, star of “Jeff 1000.”
- Radio Times interviews Paul Bettany, who portrays The Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Reading And Writing Podcast interviews Christopher John Farley of Game World.
- Call for papers: What can we expect from Joss Whedon? PopMatters is bringing out an eBook about Joss’ stuff and is looking for essays “speculating what the future holds for the prolific Joss Whedon, and topics in the Whedon canon that deserve a closer look”.
- Elon Musk Names SpaceX Drone Ships in Honor of Iain M. Banks
- The human race will NOT be wiped out this Monday. Go about your business.
- Warner Bros Plots The Jetsons Animated Feature; Matt Lieberman Writing
Events & Event News
- David Duchovny (X-Files, Californication) appears at Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 7:00 pm to discuss and sign his fascinating work of fiction HOLY COW. RSVP on Facebook!
- George Takei Added to Star Trek Reunion at the April Great Philadelphia Comic Con
- The Demise of Dr. Frankenstein! – It’s alive! Collect the body parts, build your monster, do it before the villager’s burn down your lab!
- Toolbox: Robot Justice is Efficient Justice – Toolbox is about a future alien world colony that reprograms a construction robot to protect them from bandits and wild life.
- Book Review: Susan Hated Literature on Inverted World by Christopher Priest
- Book Review: YA sci-fi adventure An Uncommon Blue centers on status, happiness
- 9 long-stalled sci-fi movies that deserve to be resurrected on television
- 10 biggest fan wars, including rivalries between Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Wars, etc
- 16 late-arrival female TV characters we can’t live without.
- Are sci-fi and fantasy shows being too safe? Agents of SHIELD is mentioned in this piece about the current state of genre television and the line between escapism and tackling big questions. Mild spoilers for other shows.
- The day Gail Simone met Joss Whedon: Comic book writer Gail Simone tweets about her first encounter with Joss and Wonder Woman.
- Den of Geek asks Where next for The X-Files?
- Die Another Eh: What Does It Mean Now That James Bond Is In The Public Domain?
- Doctor Who series 9: What do we know so far?
- The End of Religion: The Meaning of Life on Technology and the Future
- George Lucas on How His New Film Is Like Star Wars for Girls
- Inside the bizarre and weirdly competitive world of sci-fi writing workshops. Or ‘speculative fiction’ if you’re the kind who calls your comic books ‘graphic novels’
- The Man in the High Castle: Amazon’s new TV series simplifies (and inverts) novelist Philip K. Dick’s original, more sinister vision of everyday evil.
- Martin Rees: Robots can enrich humanity – as long as we can keep them under control.
- Paste remembers 10 Overlooked Classics: Dystopian Films
- The real Back To The Future time machine is the franchise itself
- Robots Can’t Dance: Why the singularity is greatly exaggerated.
- Teen opinion: The Guardian asks how bleak should dystopian fiction be?
- Why artificial intelligence always seems so far away
- Why A Doctor Who Movie Is A Good Idea
- Why the House of Stairs Adaptation is Trying to Be the “Anti-Hunger Games”
- An artist’s tribute to 9 kick-ass ladies of sci-fi and TV.
- Men who quilt: Sci-fi scenes and cement blocks
- Sonic Screwdriver Bouquet for that super nerdy wedding you’ve always dreamed of.
- Steampunk Cakes with and without a tophat, for your approval.
- This Chest-burster Creme Egg would have been a huge hit back at Halloween
More Fun Stuff
- 13 Sci-Fi Gadgets You Wont Believe Already Exist
- 24 Things No One Tells You About Book Publishing
- Looking For A Mech Suit? Head Over To Amazon!
- Planning to or have seen Birdman? This break down by Sir Ian McKellen of Macbeth’s final soliloquy really aids in understanding its significance in the context of the film.
- Read an excerpt from Shadow by Will Elliott at Tor.com.
- This Star Trek Emblem doormat is available for purchase on ForeverGeek
- Top 5 Videos in Elon Musk and SpaceX’s Quest For Reusable Rockets
- William Gibson calls this site “The most Neuromancer thing I’ve yet seen“