Interviews & Profiles
- Heyuguys interviews Domhnall Gleeson and Alicia Vikander, stars of Ex Machina.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Nancy Holder, author of Vendetta (Beauty & the Beast).
- The Nerdist interviews Andrea Romano, Voice-over director of “Firefly Online.”
- Nicky Peacock interviews Gigi Pandian, author of The Accidental Alchemist.
- Tor.com interviews writer Amal El-Mohtar, co-editor of “Goblin Fruit,” and blogger Natalie Luhrs, former editor for Masque Books.
- Urban Fantasy Investigations interviews Juliette Cross, author of Forged in Fire.
- Writers Guild Foundation interviews David Fury, producer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Is The X-Files coming back? Gillian Anderson inspires fan campaign to bring it back.
- Marvel Casts David Tennant as Villain Kilgrave on A.K.A. Jessica Jones
- Science Has Good News for Couples Who Read Together – Mic
- Now available for pre-order: The Brenda and Effie Mysteries – “Bat Out of Hull” audio drama, written by Paul Magrs and featuring Anne Reid, Alex Lowe and Chris Pavlo.
Events & Event News
- Chromozone – The Sinister Series. Emotional Zombie Horror – I want to create print copies of my new zombie horror series – Chromozone and distribute them both online and locally. Chromozone – The Sinister Series is a brand new type of zombie horror that I am hoping to release into the book world.
- Spectral Transmission Season Two – Science Fiction Anthology – Spectral Transmission, created by SUNY Oswego Cinema professor Jacob Dodd, is a student-faculty collaborative anthology series.
- Book Review: Tethyan Books enjoyed Farmer in the Sky by Robert Heinlein
- Book Review: Uncertain Tales has an in-depth review of The Seeds of Time
- 5 Sci-Fi Films We’re Stoked To See From Sundance 2015
- Alien Franchise: Ranking the Movies in Order of Quality
- Amazing Stories offers some suggestion as to How To “Fix” the Hugo Awards
- David Bowie Should Guest Star on Doctor Who
- Did Disney Abandon George Lucas’s Ideas for The Force Awakens? Does It Matter?
- Eight Sci-Fi Movies You Probably Missed In 2014, and where you can see them now.
- Five Books About Deeply-Flawed, Despicable People
- George Lucas details plans to make, but not release, two new films
- The Guardian offers 15 signs to prove you’re a book addict
- The L.A. Times on Ray Bradbury’s house: The postmortem
- Laziness Leads to Sloth, Sloth to Incompetence, Incompetence to Stupidity, and Stupidity to the Dark Side of the Force
- “Of course Doctor Who is a children’s show” says Steven Moffat
- Over the Effing Rainbow is reading through Frank Herbert’s Dune. (Part 2)
- This is Why Obi-Wan Lied to Luke Skywalker About His Father, according to Tor.com
- The top 15 things that annoy Doctor Who fans
- The top 8 best female Joss Whedon characters, according to how awesome they are.
- Top ten Doctor Who references in other TV shows
- What Would An X-Files Revival Be About?
- Why Can’t Robots Understand Sarcasm? Artificial intelligence has yet to grasp some of the finer nuances of human communication.
- Why was The LEGO Movie snubbed? Is the animation Oscar already past its prime?
- Why You Love Science Fiction, according to Sci-Fi Bloggers.
- Check out this poster of Captain Kirk and The Gorn
- This Excellent Matrix Sentinel Figure Is Entirely 3D Printed
- This Star Wars Landspeeder badly needs to be an official set. Cast your vote if you eagree
More Fun Stuff
- All the faces of Ultron: The design evolution of the Avengers’ archenemy
- The Enterprise gets a facelift before boldly going to the Boeing Milestones of Flight Hall!
- Here’s an annotated history of the Hugo and Nebula Awards!
- Infographic: What age did the greatest authors publish their most famous works?
- Read Classical Antiquity and Western Identity in Battlestar Galactica by Vince Tomasso, an excerpt from Classical Traditions in Science Fiction, edited by Brett M. Rogers and Benjamin Eldon Stevens at Tor.com.
- Take a tour of a fallout shelter from the sixties.
- Watch a trailer for A&E’s zombie series The Returned.