Interviews & Profiles
- The Brisbane Times interviews William Gibson, author of The Peripheral.
- Magenta Films interviews John Harris, the artist featured in The Art of John Harris.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Alex Marwood, author of The Killer Next Door.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Becky Masterman, author of Rage Against the Dying.
- RadioTimes interviews Neil Gaiman, who explains why Radio 4’s recent production of Good Omens is really for friend Terry Pratchett. (Via)
- Reddit recently hosted an AMA with Elio García and Linda Antonsson, author of the recently released guide to the history of Westros, The World of Ice and Fire.
- S. C. Flynn interviews Angela from SciFiChick.com.
- Summer-Glau.com interviews Michael Karnow, creator of “Jeff 1000.”
- WWeek interviews Alex Cox, director of “Bill, The Galactic Hero.”
- The Art of Creature and Character Design – An art book about the style and sensibilities of creature and character design for motion pictures, television, video games.
- Jurassic Fossils – Realistic, high quality dinosaur fossils
- The 10 Best Movie Trailers Of 2014: Sci Fi And Sequels Dominate Our Top Picks
- 14 Groundbreaking 2014 moments for women in sci-fi, according to Blastr.
- 20 Years of the Twilight Zone New Year’s Marathon and 20 things about the show
- Author Stella Atrium: An academic inspired by science fiction
- Back to Pandora: Why Has Avatar Been Forgotten Just Five Years After Its Release?
- Barnes and Noble on what’s Coming in Early 2015
- Blastr picks The top 15 independent sci-fi and horror movies of 2014
- Black Mirror support group: The digital grass is always greener
- ComicBook.com picks Top Ten Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy or Horror Movies Of 2014
- Destroy All Monsters: (Doctor) Who We Are Underneath
- GeekDad picks The 10 Best Geek Films of 2014
- Gizmodo offers Sci-Fi Visions of 2015, Ranked
- h+ Magazine on Gradisil, Science Fiction, and Sacred Hunger
- h+ Magazine warns that Interstellar Might Depict AI Slavery
- How The Film Anomaly Is Changing The Game For Us All
- Kirkus Reviews looks ahead to The Best Science Fiction, Fantasy Reads for January
- Margaret Atwood and 12 surprises from the legendary writer’s Reddit AMA
- The Qwillery names its picks for the Best Books of 2014
- What Bill Clinton Told Ethan Hawke While They Peed Next To Each Other
- Why The Best Fantasy Stories Include Mundane Everyday Life
- The 10 best illustrations EW published in 2014
- For Christmas this year, a skilled 84-year-old metalworker created a fire pit for his grandchildren that looks like the iconic, half-finished Death Star II from Star Wars
More Fun Stuff
- 10 Futurama Jokes That Will Make You Smarter
- Doctor Who Superfan Creates a Cyberman Squirrel Feeder
- Moth City is a Webcomic About A Bioweapon Unleashed During China’s Civil War
- Now you can listen to Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s Good Omens radio play in full
- Prediction or Influence?, Books of the Past That Forecast the Future
- Should We Visit Venus Instead of Mars?
- SQ Mag 18 has just been released, with 7 original pieces of speculative fiction, 1 of which is a short novelette by Laird Barron, and one flash piece.
- What next for the future tech of 2014?