Interviews & Profiles
- Nerdist interviews Neil deGrasse about the first science talk show, Star Talk.
- Reddit recently hosted an AMA for Daniel José Older of Half-Resurrection Blues.
- Reddit recently hosted an AMA for Roger Ma of The Zombie Combat Manual.
- Tor.com interviews Nick Lake, author of There Will Be Lies.
- Under the Radar Mag interviews Ethan Hawke, star of Predestination.
- Austin couple takes book business into a new dimension [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Minority Report Gets The Greenlight From Fox
- Narragansett Creates H.P. Lovecraft Line of Beers: The Rhode Island brewery explores their macabre side on their 125th anniversary.
- Neil Gaiman’s new book to feature American Gods and Doctor Who stories
- Empyrion – A Dystopian Card Game for 3-5 Players – How will you run your dystopia? Gain resources, recruit citizens, build buildings, gather influence.
- The Silver Ships – Captain Racine and the Méridiens need you—the silver ships are here! “My science fiction novel, The Silver Ships, will be self-published online and in print in Jan-Feb 2015. It’s the first in a series. I’ll publish Libre and Méridien in the following summer and winter, respectively. Book four, Hellébore, is in outline form scheduled to be published in 2016.” Read an excerpt from The Silver Ships.
- 9 Predictions for Doctor Who Series 9…
- The 10 Most Monumentally Nerdy TV Moments of 2014
- 10 Space Movies to Watch in 2015
- 13 Iconic Dystopian Societies in Video Games
- Avatar’s rapid rise, sudden downfall, and endless Billy Jack connections
- Benjamin Rosenbaum would like to see the English speaking world make translation a regular part of its literary practice.
- Care for Some Science in Your Science Fiction?
- Ghost in the Shell: Scarlett Johansson casting called “whitewashing.”
- How the Year 2015 Is Depicted in Science Fiction
- J.J. Abrams Admits Making Star Wars Was Terrifying
- Jupiter Ascending visual effects wizard talks film’s aesthetic, makes film look badass.
- The Returned US remake to have significant differences from French original
- The Science & Science Fiction: Top Movies to Look Out for in 2015
- Smart Pop Books call Hitchhiker’s Guide The Holy Trilogy.
- The Times of India on Science friction: “Millennia ago, a Vedic spaceship took off from India and colonized another planet. The Indians in it were perfectly happy: in order to minimize internal differences and language superiority squabbles and avoid the End of Days (the invention of Facebook), they’d abandoned language altogether, and used their highly advanced plastic surgery skills to give themselves perfectly sculpted bodies, which it made no sense to cover with clothes.”
- Top 5 Memorable Dystopian Films of the Millennium
- Check Out This Stunning Guardians Of The Galaxy Concept Art
- Tell her you love her with this Lightsaber Engagement Ring
More Fun Stuff
- Check out the First image from new TV drama Humans
- Computers may teach you to write poetry! But if you teach them to write it, they’ll gain wills an independence and rise to power and kill us all! Or we’ll have to politely attend our computer friends’ poetry readings, which will be far, far worse.
- If C3PO and R2 hadn’t crashed on Tatooine, would Obi-Wan have EVER confronted Luke with his destiny? One Redditor says no in a compelling argument.
- Interstellar voted “Most Overrated” movie of 2014 by Metacritic users
- It may sound incredible but the Pillars of Creation don’t exist anymore.
- Read an excerpt from Red Equinox by Douglas Wynne at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Uprooted by Naomi Novik at Tor.com.
- Watch a trailer for Neill Blomkamp’s latest sci-fi project, Chappie
- Your Mission: Outline a movie that satisfies both Paramount’s desire for a Star Trek ala Guardians of the Galaxy while also satisfying yourself as a hardcore Star Trek fan