Here’s the book description:
In this expanded edition of Robert McCammon’s classic short story collection, you will encounter horrors and delights in equal measure, including:
- A man who awakens one morning to find a skeleton in bed where his wife had been the night before.
- A small-time thief who steals a makeup case, and learns a dead horror star’s secret.
- A roadside diner, where a Vietnam veteran comes seeking shelter from the storm.
- A young man in prison, who finds beauty and hope on the wings of a yellow bird.
- Halloween in a very special residential area, where trick-or-treating is deadly serious.
- A red house on a street of gray houses, and a breath of sweet fire.
- The adventures of a has-been serial hero, who dons his old costume and goes in search of a serial killer.
- A priest obsessed by a porno star, and his realization that both of them are being stalked by a third shadow.
- An old woman who channels early, simpler times in a melancholy Bradburyesque future.
We will see worlds within worlds through the windows of these stories. We might even see the end of the world, and we might sit on a front porch for a while and sip a glass of gasoline on a hot December day.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “Yellowjacket Summer”
- “Doom City”
- “Yellachile’s Cage”
- “I Scream Man!”
- “He’ll Come Knocking at Your Door”
- “Night Calls the Green Falcon”
- “The Red House”
- “Something Passed By”
- “Blue World”
- “Strange Candy” (previously uncollected)
- “White” (previously uncollected)
- “Children of the Bedtime Machine” (previously uncollected)
Book info as per Subterranean Press:
- Trade Paperback
- Limited: 1000 signed numbered hardcover copies, with exclusive full-color illustrations
- Lettered: 52 signed leatherbound copies, housed in a custom traycase
- Trade Paperback Set: Blue World, The Hunter from the Woods, They Thirst; each signed by the author: Only 350 signed sets