Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
What’s Special About Today’s Free Fiction?
- Apex Magazine #69 – February 2015
- Clarkesworld Magazine #101 – February 2015
- Heroic Fantasy Quarterly #23
- @AE – The Canadian Science Fiction Review: “Drying Grass Moon” by Stephen Case [Science Fiction]
- @Anotherealm: “Old Fern Hill” by Ian Fletcher [Dark Fantasy]
- Apex Magazine #69 – February 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Aurora Wolf: “Caught in that Imperialistic Rhythm” by Jason Lairamore [Speculative Fiction]
- Clarkesworld Magazine #101 – February 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Indelible” by Gwendolyn Clare [Science Fiction]
- “It Takes Two” by Nicola Griffith [Science Fiction – from 2009]
- “Meshed” by Rich Larson [Science Fiction]
- “The Last Surviving Gondola Widow” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch [Speculative Fiction – also available in audio]
- “The Osteomancer’s Son” by Greg van Eekhout [Science Fiction – from 2006]
- “The Three Resurrections of Jessica Churchill” by Kelly Robson [Speculative Fiction]
- @The Colored Lens: “Perfect Arm” by Robert Steele [Science Fiction]
- Crossed Genres #26 – February 2015 – Betrayal [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Escape Pod:
- Flash Fiction Online February 2015 [Flash Fiction Magazine]
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “Serving Girl” by Phoebe Harris [Fantasy – also available as eBook]
- Heroic Fantasy Quarterly #23 [Heroic Fantasy Magazine]
- “Bronze Ard, the Ferret Master, and Auspicious Events at Swift Creek Farm” by Adrian Simmons
- “Crazy Snake and the Cuguanaba” by Eric Atkisson
- “With a Golden Risha” by P. Djeli Clark
- @Kasma SF: “Milk Man” by Cornelius Fortune [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- The Lorelei Signal Jan – Mar ’15 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “In the Defense of Mummies” by J. M. Perkins [Science Fiction]
- @Mythic Delirium: “A Shadow on the Sky” by Sunny Moraine [Speculative Fiction]
- PodCastle #349 – “This Sullied Earth, Our Home” by Monidipa Mondal [Fantasy – also available in audio]
- @Tor: “The Human Engineer” by Jessica Brody [Science Fiction]
- @The WiFiles: “Water Baby” by Jane Percival [Dark Fantasy]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- AntipodeanSF #200 – February 2015 [Speculative Flash Fiction Magazine – All Science Fiction Issue]
- “A Giant Leap For A Man” by Sean Williams
- “Acquired Distaste” by Kevin J. Phyland
- “Authentic Empathy” by Mark Webb
- “Chlorophyll Haven” by DW Walker
- “Chorus” by Paul Sheringham
- “Devils” by Christine Gladstone
- “Does Whatever…” by Wes Parish
- “Insecure Alternation” by Simon Petrie
- “Masses to Masses” by Liz Heldmann
- “One More Deja Again” by Tom Grayhorse
- “Real Virtuality” by Rob Bleckly
- “Resurrection” by Derek Smith
- “The Kangaroos Of Sicily” by Michael T Schaper
- “The Meat From The Butcher” by Shaun A Saunders
- “The Return Of The Were Bat” by Tony Owens
- “The Sad People Are Sad” by Trent Jamieson
- “The Social Experiment” by David Scholes
- “When Hope Is All You Have” by David Kernot
- “Where The Last Humans Went” by Edwina Harvey
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction:
- @Short-Story.me: “The Curious Case of White Chapel Alley” by Louise Ann Barton [Horror Flash]
- @Turtleduck Press: “Band of Turquoise” by Kit Campbell [Dark Fantasy Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: New Dawn by Andrew James Morgan – Chapter 25 [Science Fiction Novel Serialization]
- @Clarkesworld Magazine:
- @Escape Pod:
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “And You Shall Know Her By The Trail Of Dead” by Brooke Bolander [Science Fiction]
- #348 –“Testimony of Samuel Frobisher Regarding Events on Her Majesty’s Ship CONFIDENCE, 14-22 June, 1818, With Diagrams” by Ian Tregillis [Fantasy]
- #349 –“This Sullied Earth, Our Home” by Monidipa Mondal [Fantasy]
- Bonus Episode:“Prospero’s Last” by Den Patrick [Fantasy]
- @Uncanny: “Pockets” by Amal El-Mohtar [Speculative Fiction]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod: Sleep No More –“The Storm” [Horror / Supernatural Thriller Radio Drama – from 1956]
- @Relic Radio: “The Screaming Skull by Theater 10:30” by RelicRadio [Horror Radio Drama]
Audio – Serialized
- Welcome to Night Vale #61 – “Briny Depths” [Fantasy Serial]
Free eBooks – Various Speculative Subgenres
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Beacon – Part II by Jonathan C. Gillespie
Everything ends at Beacon. Everything falls. Now Tersias and Mally have a chance to change that—if they can survive.
[Space Opera Serial – Second Episode – Amazon | Kobo | Smashwords]
Neptune Crossing (The Chaos Chronicles) by Jeffrey A. Carver
When John Bandicut encounters an alien intelligence on Neptune’s moon Triton, his life changes irrevocably. Urged by the alien quarx now sharing his mind, he accepts an audacious mission—to steal a ship and hurtle across the solar system in a desperate bid for Earth’s survival.
[Hard Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 by Ryk Brown
What destiny has in store for the crew of the UES Aurora, is far greater than any of them could ever imagine. And this is only the beginning.
[Space Opera Serial – First Three Episodes – Amazon]
The Trilisk Ruins (Parker Interstellar Travels) by Michael McCloskey
Telisa Relachik studied to be a xenoarchaeologist in a future where humans have found alien artifacts but haven’t ever encountered live aliens. Of all the aliens whose extinct civilizations are investigated, the Trilisks are the most advanced and the most mysterious.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel – Amazon | B&N | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
The Castrofax (The Father of the Fifth Age #1) by Jenna Van Vleet
Gabriel never expected Princess Robyn to show up at his manor after word of her sudden disappearance. Because of his remarkable talent in wielding the elements, however, he is appointed her protector until she can take the throne, but word of his magical power slowly spreads to untrusting ears.
Imprisoned because his abilities constitute a threat, Gabriel fights for his freedom as Princess Robyn is forced to fight for her throne.
Only through learning the true meaning of strength can either of them be saved, but all power comes with a cost.
[Arthurian Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Smashwords]
The Chronicles of Dragon: The Hero, The Sword and The Dragons (Book 1 of 10) by Craig Halloran
Nath is a special warrior. He is a man destined to be a dragon. In order to become a dragon, he must save the dragons.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novella – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
The Ghost And Its Shadow by Shaun Hick
A child is taken from the banks of a river in the Northern regions of Australia.Her killer could be any of a number of large Wyrms in the area.Each of these monsters has its own story and a date with an unlikely trio, determined to make them repent for their transgressions.
[Fantasy Thriller Novel – Amazon]
The Girl on the Red Pillow by Angelika Rust
An average abusive childhood, a tendency towards depression. Annalee’s life could be normal. If only she could get rid of the dwarf.
[Fantasy Novella – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Whill of Agora: Book 1 by Michael Ploof
It is the year 5170 in the land Agora, where humans, dwarves, and elves have existed in peace for centuries. Now, however, the human King Addakon has invaded and waged war on neighboring Isladon. The once peaceful Kingdoms of Agora are on the brink of continental war. The Dark Elf Eadon, and his army of Dragon-Elf crossbreeds, the Draggard, threaten to conquer all kingdoms.
Enter young Whill, a nineteen-year-old ranger with battle savvy and untapped abilities. Having spent years roaming Agora and training with his mentor Abram, Whill has become a bright intellectual and a master of combat. What he seeks most, however, is the identity of his birth parents. Instead, he finds a tumultuous terrain and a prophecy placing him in the center of the struggle.
Along the way, Whill encounters an equally inspired group of companions that are matched in skill and mission. These include Rhunis the Dragon Slayer, the young Tarren, the fearless Dwarf Roakore, the beguiling warrior Elf Avriel, and the powerful Zerafin. As Whill joins forces, he forges bonds far mightier than their escalating travails. With high adventure and fierce friendship, Whill of Agora will capture your imagination and grip your heart during every super-charged escapade that Agora’s bold and grinning brotherhood embraces.
[YA Sword & Sorcery Novel – First of Series – Amazon | Kobo]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Apocalypse Weird: The Red King (WYRD #1) by Nick Cole
The end of the world is only the beginning as an odd band of survivors pull together to construct a modern-day castle amid the burning ruins of suburbia lost. As undead hordes and strange otherworldly monsters ravage what’s left of civilization, things begin to go from worse to weird as each survivor’s dark past unfolds, revealing that reality might be more than anyone ever thought, and that an ancient force from the outer dark has finally arrived to conquer. Stephen King’s The Stand meets Lost in an epic confrontation between good and evil that spans history, time, and space.
[Cyberpunk Zombie Novella – First of Series – Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]