Got a hot Free Fiction Tip? Tell me here
Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for the Free SF/F/H Fiction Newsletter
- @Asimov’s Science Fiction: “Tuesdays” by Suzanne Palmer [Science Fiction – PDF]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #166 – February 05, 2015 [Fantasy Magazine]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “Misanthropic Slumber” by G.E. Thorn [Horror]
- @The Colored Lens: “Sluicing the Acqua” by Juliana Rew [Science Fiction]
- @Daily Science Fiction: “The Heart of a Tree” by Pam L Wallace [Science Fiction]
- Drabblecast #349 – “The Island of White Houses” by Alisa Alering [Fantasy – also available in audio]
- Fantastic Stories February 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- Journal of Unlikely Cryptography #11 – February 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Mad Scientist Journal: “A Taste of Empty” by Dorian Graves [Science Fiction]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “The Garden” by Karen Munro [Horror – also available in audio]
- @Omni Reboot: “Commontask + System” by Peter Milne Greiner [Science Fiction]
- Perihelion January 2015 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “(225-50) Agnes” by Mark Ayling
- “Barnegat Inn” by Brian Biswas
- “Blink Twice” by Rebecca Birch
- “Captain Quasar and the Kolarii Kidnappers” by Milo James Fowler
- “Discord in Paradise” by Leslie Lupien
- “Down Courthouse Wash” by Steven L. Peck
- “Geiter” by Michael Hodges
- “It’s a Long Road to the Sky Train” by Michael Andre-Driussi
- “Joy Ride” by Jude-Marie Green
- “Not Her Kind” by Peter Wood
- “Salazar” by Sean Monaghan
- @Tor: “The Language of Knives” by Haralambi Markov [Dark Fantasy]
- @Weird Fiction Review: “The Vats” by Walter de la Mare [Weird – from 1923]
- @The WiFiles: “Summer” by Jane VanCantfort [Post-Apocalyptic]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- “Green” by Roger Dale Trexler [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Leftovers” by Rick Tobin [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Project Cookie-Cutter” by Emily Stupar [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Teamwork” by Emily Stupar [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Decision” by Suzanne Borchers [Science Fiction Flash]
- “What’s in a name?” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “OCD” by Edwin Crowe [Horror Flash – also available on YouTube]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Every Day Fiction:
- “Dreamtime” by Matthew Harrison [Science Fiction Flash]
- “THE LAST HATCHLING • by Patricia Feinberg Stoner” by Camille Gooderham Campbell [Fantasy Flash]
- @Nature: “How to configure your quantum disambiguator” by Stewart C Baker [Science Fiction Flash]
Written – Serialized
- @Calamities Press: Along the Winter Rails by Fanni Sütő – Episode 26 – “Winter and Spring” [Post-Apocalyptic Serial]
- @Calamities Press: DOL 39 by Patrick W. Marsh – Reaction 28 [Dystopian Horror Serialization]
- @Paizo: The Patch Man by Adam Heine – Chapter Four: Not Some Hero [Shared World Fantasy Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Musketeer Space by Tansy Rayner Roberts – Part 37 – “Concerning The Questionable Life Choices of Dana D’Artagnan” [Space Opera Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: New Dawn by Andrew James Morgan – Chapter 26 [Science Fiction Novel Serialization]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Audio Vault #15 – “The Ascent of Unreason” by Marie Brennan [Fantasy]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Podcast #143 – “The Metamorphoses of Narcissus” by Tamara Vardomskaya [Fantasy]
- Drabblecast #349 – “The Island of White Houses” by Alisa Alering [Fantasy]
- Far Fetched Fables #42 – “Requiem for a Druid” by Alex Shvartsman and “Snow White, Rose Red” by Lydia Millet [Fantasy]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “And the Winners Will Be Swept Out to Sea” by Maria Dahvana Headley [Fantasy]
- @Nightmare Magazine: “The Garden” by Karen Munro [Horror]
- Tales To Terrify #159 – “Turning On, Tuning In, & Dropping Out At The Mountains Of Madness” by Ahisma Kerp and “Handful of Dust” by Harry Shannon by Stephen Kilpatrick [Horror]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- Lights Out –“The Protective Mr. Drogen” [Supernatural Thriller Radio Drama – from 1943]
- Nightfall –“Footsteps” [Supernatural Thriller Radio Drama – from 1982]
- Space Patrol –“The Mysterious Meteor” [Science Fiction Radio Drama – from 1953]
- The Sealed Book –“My Beloved Must Die” [Paranormal Thriller Radio Drama – from 1945]
- @Relic Radio:
Audio – Serialized
- Cthulhu #191 – The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers [Horror Collection Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Ghost Train to New Orleans by Mur Lafferty – Episode 15 [Urban Fantasy Novel Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Adopted Son by Dominic Peloso
What would you do if it were your child?
The invasion has begun.
An invasion not from the stars but from within our wombs. All over the world children are being born…different. Their features are alien, their DNA isn’t human, their loyalties are unknown. As scientists, spies, and regular citizens race to make sense of this new disease they find themselves asking the same question: Is this the first wave of an alien assault on Earth?
[Science Fiction Novel – Amazon]
Tarizon: The Liberator (Tarizon Trilogy #1) by William Manchee
When a teenager discovers his father is working on a secret government project with aliens from the planet Tarizon, the project is compromised and Peter Turner must accept exile or be killed.
Tarizon is recovering from a series of super volcanic eruptions that nearly destroyed all life on the planet. It is slowly recovering ecologically but the political situation is volatile. The fight is between the Purists who want to rid Tarizon of a growing mutant population and eliminate all non-human intelligent life-forms, and the Loyalists who want to restore the Supreme Mandate that guarantees freedom and basic rights for all humans and other sentient beings.
Videl Lai has become Chancellor in a tainted election. Once in power, he renounces Tarizon’s constitution, The Supreme Mandate, and orders the extermination of all non-human life forms.
[Military Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction – Young Adult
The Aurora (Aurora Saga, Book 1) by Adrian Fulcher
Londuo is an eighteen-year-old Qinant teenager who is stranded in Colorado, USA, after the spaceship Aurora is destroyed. Fifty-five years later, seventeen-year-old James is living in the English countryside and thinks he is just a normal teenager. However, his mother has kept a secret from him, one that will change his life and ultimately the fate of his race.
[YA Science Fiction Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Apocalypticon by Clayton Smith
Three years have passed since the Jamaicans caused the apocalypse, and things in post-Armageddon Chicago have settled into a new kind of normal. Unfortunately, that “normal” includes collapsing skyscrapers, bands of bloodthirsty maniacs, and a dwindling cache of survival supplies. After watching his family, friends, and most of the non-sadistic elements of society crumble around him, Patrick decides it’s time to cross one last item off his bucket list.
He’s going to Disney World.
[Post-Apocalyptic Humor Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
City of the Falling Sky (The Seckry Sequence Book 1) by Joseph Evans
When Seckry Sevenstars is forced out of his village by the greedy Endrin Corporation and relocated to the daunting metropolis of Skyfall City, he harbours resentment for the company and vows to get them back one day for taking away his home, his school and his friends.
[YA Dystopian Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
The Call of Agon: Book One of The Children of Telm by Dean F. Wilson
Ifferon is one of the last in the bloodline of the dead god Telm, who mated with mortal women, and who imprisoned the Beast Agon in the Underworld. Armed with a connection to the estranged gods in the Overworld and a scroll bearing Telm’s powerful dying words, he is tasked with ensuring the god’s vital legacy: that Agon remain vanquished.
[Epic Fantasy Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Mi’s Search for Beauty (Gatekeeper’s Choice #1) by Kyrja
In a time and land when death is regarded as the “Realms Beyond,” where surviving children are expected to offer their prayers and services so their ancestors may reach the “Golden Realm of Light,” spirits are known to cause havoc for their own means. Sooshay and Keylei, both disdainful of the stifling moors of their traditional culture have forgotten this lesson, so are caught painfully unaware when their sixth daughter, Mi, is born. Five daughters were foretold; no more and no less, with no sons. The terrifying changes this sixth daughter unwittingly brings with her touches each member of her family. Ignorant of his own role in the chaos that follows, Sooshay seeks the advice of a mysterious old family friend, placing Mi and all of her sisters in danger.
[YA Fairy Tale Novelette – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Paranormal and Romance
Saphyre Snow by Marcia Lynn McClure
Descended of a legendary line of strength and beauty, Saphyre Snow had once known happiness as princess of the Kingdom of Graces. Once a valiant king had ruled in wisdom—once a loving mother had spoken soft words of truth to her daughter. Yet, a strange madness had poisoned great minds—a strange fever inviting Lord Death to linger. Soon it was even Lord Death sought to claim Saphyre Snow for his own—and all Saphyre loved seemed lost.
Thus, Saphyre fled—forced to leave all familiars for necessity of preserving her life. Alone, and without provision, Saphyre knew Lord Death might yet claim her—for how could a princess hope to best the Reaper himself?
[Fantasy Romance Novel – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Horror – Young Adult
Riser (The Riser Saga #1) by Becca C Smith
Black swirling holes churning madly in the center of every corpse. This is how eighteen-year-old Chelsan Derée sees the deceased. Her ability to connect to the black spinning holes allows her to control every dead thing within a four-mile radius.
But that’s the least of her problems. It’s 2320 and Chelsan Derée has to survive another year of high school, which for her is pure and utter torture, mainly due to the fact that her schoolmate Jill Forester’s favorite activity is making Chelsan’s life a living hell. If that isn’t enough, Chelsan’s impossible crush on Ryan Vaughn makes her brain do somersaults on a regular basis, especially since she is positive he doesn’t know she exists. And being eighteen Chelsan has to deal with the pressure of whether or not she should take a little pill called Age-pro, which cures aging, making the world eighteen forever and highly over-populated.
When Chelsan’s mother, Janet, is brutally killed, along with everyone else in her trailer park, Chelsan finds out that she was the intended target.
Chelsan must use her power to raise and control the dead to save herself, protect her friends and take down the man responsible for murdering her mother.
[YA Dystopian / Horror Novel – First of Series – Amazon]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Old World (The Green and Pleasant Land) by Oliver Kennedy
Great Britain, 2014. Civilisation as we know it has been torn apart by war. This once peaceful nation has been transformed into a melting pot of chaos and desolation. Death stalks the land. The towns and cities are home to the dead who have learned to walk again, driven by a single desire to consume the flesh of the living. The countryside is the abode of marauders, lawless men driven by starvation, fear and evil.
[Zombie / Post-Apocalyptic Novella – First of Series – Amazon]