Interviews & Profiles
- Redditors interview Kate Elliott.
- Locus Online interviews Kameron Hurley.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Caroline Yoachim.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Adam-Troy Castro.
- Locus Online interviews Simon Ings.
- Kirkus has a video interview with Pierce Brown.
- The Qwillery interviews Dennis O’Flaherty.
- S. C. Flynn interviews Paul Weimer.
- Tor.com interviews Joel Cunningham.
- Comic Vine interviews Marv Wolfman, Nicola Scott, and Marc Deering.
- William F. Nolan Named World Horror Society 2015 Grand Master.
- Astronomers identify the closest known flyby of a star to our solar system.
- BVC Announces Hidden Steel by Doranna Durgin.
- Open Road Media announces first-ever eBook titles by Charles Williams.
- Wanted by Amazing Stories: Experienced Readers of SF, Fantasy & Horror.
Events & Event News
- The 39th Annual Jack Williamson Lectureship, with events April 9-11, 2015, welcomes award-winning author Paolo Bacigalupito the annual celebration of Jack Williamson.
- June 4 – 7 in Chicago, IL: SFWA’s 50th Annual Nebula Award Weekend.
- Tim Lebbon signing The Silence @ ForbiddenPlanet, Saturday April 18th 1pm – 2pm.
- V.E. Schwab is Going on a Whirlwind Tour of the Digital Londons.
- The Labyrinth of Flame by Courtney Schafer.
- Hive Five by Matthew Sanborn Smith – A weird and funny science fiction novel about five members of a hive mind who are not very good at being a hive mind.
- Spirit of the Ronin – Novel Project by Travis Heermann.
- Support Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy creating A Science Fiction Podcast.
- Project New World : Interactive Fiction First Wave.
- Alastair Reynolds on Ender’s Game (directed Gavin Hood, 2013).
- Ambling Along the Aqueduct on Three early novels by Eleanor Arnason. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Andrew Liptak reviews The Burn Zone by James K. Decker.
- Auxiliary Memory asks Has Telepathy Become an Extinct Idea in Science Fiction?
- Black Gate on Destination Barsoom, Nehwon, Narnia: A Few Thoughts in Defense of Escapism.
- Boing Boing on The brilliant ideas and radiant visions of reclusive SF author Greg Egan.
- Carl V. Anderson on Galactic North by Alastair Reynolds.
- Chuck Wendig on How “Strong Female Characters” Still End Up Weak And Powerless (Or, “Do They Pass The Action Figure Test?”).
- Forbidden Planet on Losing Brett Ewins.
- Harry Connolly on Self-publishing vs. Traditional publishing.
- Joel Cunnningham on New Book Roundup: Evil Emperors Seek Magic Swords, an Unusual Alien Invasion, and a Quest for Vengeance.
- John Scalzi on The Big Idea: Peter Darbyshire.
- John Scalzi says You Can’t Take Back What You Already Have.
- Kate Elliott on From Sketch to Final Cover: The Very Best of Kate Elliott.
- Kate Elliott on Where Should I Start With Your Novels?
- Open Culture on 600+ Covers of Philip K. Dick Novels from Around the World: Greece, Japan, Poland & Beyond.
- Philip Athans on What We Can Learn From A Random Science Fiction Novel (part 2).
- Regan Wolfrom on My Book is Flopping, and I Just Don’t Care.
- Screen Rant on Gotham Creator Bruno Heller and Introducing the Joker Storyline.
- StarWars.com on 5 Aliens and Creatures Introduced at Jabba’s Palace.
- Tansy Rayner Roberts on New Who In Conversation: “A Good Man Goes to War”/”Let’s Kill Hitler”.
- The AudioBookaneers February Whispersync Deal roundup: PKD, Marie Brennan, Walter Mosley, Ken MacLeod, Theodore Sturgeon, Robin Hobb, and more.
- Topless Robot on The 10 Most Evil Kids in Horror. [via Bill Crider’s Pop Culture Magazine]
- Tor.com on The Mummy was the Indiana Jones Successor that We Deserved.
- Artist Gallery: Darek Zabrocki.
- Artist Gallery: Vladislav Ociacia.
- Untitled Girl and Dragon.
- Forest, Kelvin Chim.
- Epic 1970s French Space Comic Art.
More Fun Stuff
- Locus Online: Magazine: 2015 Locus Poll and Survey.
- EXCERPT: Evensong by John Love.
- Harrison Squared (Excerpt) by Daryl Gregory.
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway.
- The 10 Words H.P. Lovecraft Used Most Often.
- Extract from L. E. Modesitt, Jr.’s Madness In Solidar.
- Quiz: How well do you know J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and the Inklings?
- Original 1940’s Buck Rogers’ Super Sonic Ray Gun NRFB golden age sci-fi.
- Gunnerkrigg Court – a comic by Tom Siddell.