Interviews & Profiles
- Connect Savannah interviews Patton Oswalt, author of Silver Screen Fiend.
- Den of Geek interviews Dean Israelite, director of Project Almanac.
- Hypable interviews Victoria Aveyard, author of Red Queen.
- The Millions interviews Kelly Link, author of Get In Trouble.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Andrew Pyper, author of The Damned.
- NCPR interviews Kathryn Cramer, editor of Hieroglyph.
- The Qwillery interviews Randy Henderson, author of Finn Fancy Necromancy.
- Suvudu interviews Brian McClellan, author of The Autumn Republic.
- Wastelands 2 interviews Ann Aguirre, author of “Foundation.”
- Wastelands 2 interviews Christopher Barzak, author of “A Beginner’s Guide to Survival Before, During, and After the Apocalypse.”
- The 2015 Jim Baen Memorial Writing Contest, sponsored by Baen Books and the National Space Society, has announced a list of ten finalists.
- Game of Thrones’ Kit Harington: internet abuse of George RR Martin is ‘vicious, ugly and manipulative’ [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Subterranean is announcing the signed limited, oversized edition of Dan Simmons’ The Fifth Heart. Pre-order you copy through their website now.
Events & Event News
- Arwen Elys Dayton, author of Seeker, will appear from 4 – 5:30pm Thursday, Feb.12 at Village Books, 1200 11th St. in Bellingham, WA
- Cary Elwes will appear at a special midnight screening of The Princess Bride at The Vista Theatre on Sunset Drive in Los Angeles, California on Friday February 20, 2015! Elwes will also sign his new memoir AS YOU WISH. RSVP on Facebook
- The ULTRA Project (A Novel) – V. Ellis Wade presents a sci-fi adventure that will defy the limits of science, history and faith!
- Voltara Battle for the Galaxy – a Syfy action book series. You will receive a signed copy and it will be mailed to you. I am trying to make this a best seller.
- 7 reasons we want a Doctor Who “Paternoster” Gang spin-off, entirely beside the point that it might make up for the torments of Torchwood.
- 10 Fantasy And Science Fiction Books With Protagonists Of Color
- 10 Marvel Characters That Need To Appear In A Spider-Man Movie
- 40 upcoming comic book movies, and when to expect them
- Destroy All Monsters: Jupiter Ascending And Life After Peak Visual Effects
- Did the Wachowskis peak with ‘The Matrix’? Only if you saw their other movies.
- Doctor Who opening title sequences ranked by the RadioTimes.
- The Julie Taylor Test: How to tell if a TV actor is bad. In which Salon picks a fight with the entire Game of Thrones fandom before even getting to the body of the article.
- Now that we know that a New Spider-Man will appear in an Upcoming Marvel Film, fans are all wondering What to Expect Now That Spider-Man’s Back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and How Spider-Man could reshape Marvel’s cinematic universe. Rumor is that the Movies Will Send Peter Parker Back to School. Most fans, however, are still debating whether it stinks to have Spider-Man back in Marvel movies or if Marvel will save us from more terrible Spider-Man movies.
- Our Fear of Artificial Intelligence: A true AI might ruin the world. Let’s stop now!
- Reading the Right Books: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Ten Reasons to Write Short Stories Even Though the Pay is Peanuts
- Thoughts After Reading The Giver at 36 from BookRiot.
- Tor compares Jupiter Ascending’s originality to previous Wachowski’s films, while Film School Rejects asks if You Should Support Jupiter Ascending just because it’s original sci-Fi. If you don’t, you may be one of the reasons Why Original Science Fiction is Dead. After all, isn’t better to See the Movie, THEN Critique It… I mean, so long as it isn’t the next M. Night Shyamalan flick?
- The Ultimate Trip: An Analysis of Cerebral Sci-Fi Films That Blow Your Mind
- The Wachowskis Revisited – A retrospective look at the duo’s maligned movies.
- Covers for E. E. Smith’s Lenseman series by Hiroshi Manabe
- The Magical Movie Poster Art of Drew Struzan
More Fun Stuff
- Asteroid Miners May Get Help from Metal-Munching Microbes
- CGSociety offers a glimpse of How Jupiter Ascending was made. You cannot deny that the Wachowskis go all out visually.
- Infographic: The cost of making a real Dalek
- Infographic: Living on the Moon: What It Would Be Like
- Star Wars-themed funeral held for sci-fi fan
- Watch a trailer for Hitman: Agent 47