Interviews & Profiles
- Electric Literature interviews Sarah Gerard, author of Binary Star.
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Natania Barron, author of Pilgrim of the Sky.
- The Qwillery interviews Randy Henderson, author of Finn Fancy Necromancy.
- The S&L Podcast interviews Brian McClellan, author of The Autumn Republic.
- Tor.com interviews Laura van den Berg, author of World Will Look Like When All The Water Leaves Us, a story collection recently shortlisted for the Frank O’Connor International Award.
- Wasteland 2 interviews Nancy Kress, author of “By Fools Like Me.”
- Wasteland 2 interviews Ramsey Shehadeh, author of “Jimmy’s Roadside Cafe.”
Events & Event News
- James Gurney, creator of Dinotopia, appears at the Stamford Museum in Stamford CT on Sunday, March 1, 2015 from 3:30-4:30 PM to offer a mini-lecture about the making of Dinotopia, followed by a book signing.
- The Odessa College Foundation are pleased to announce that author Neil Gaiman has been selected as the author for One Book Odessa 2015 Mr. Gaiman will appear at the at the Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center in Midland, TX on May 20th, 2015 at 7pm. This event is free, but tickets are required (convenience charge may apply).
- Hive Five by Matthew Sanborn Smith – A weird and funny science fiction novel about five members of a hive mind who are not very good at being a hive mind.
- Ghostbusters: The Board Game – Play as the Ghostbusters in this exciting board game inspired by the films, cartoons, comic books, and toylines. Via
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Bookstore & Bar: Worlds Of Wonder – Science fiction & fantasy books, collectibles, graphic novels… and a bar! A geek’s dream hangout operated by true fans for all fans.
- Book Review: Bookworm Blues reviews Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear: “flawless world building, a brave setting, bold characters, [and a] relentless plot.”
- 5 Reasons Why Spider-Man Belongs In The Marvel Cinematic Universe
- The 19th-century best-selling horror novel that isn’t Dracula [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Dean Israelite Gives Updates And Insight On His WarGames Remake
- Do you like Black Mirror? Have you watched Nathan Barley? Go watch Nathan Barley, and then read this article about how it predicted the future.
- Five Fantasy Armies You Don’t Want To Sign Up For
- Ethiopia’s first post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie looks beautiful [via Paul Di Filippo]
- How to spot the first hints of Secret Wars and Convergence in current comics.
- March 2015 Must Reads in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror
- Matthew Vaughn Explains The Problem With Modern-Day Spy Movies
- The PBS Idea Channel discusses Shipping, Slash, and Korrasami
- The Science-Fiction and Fantasy Adaptations from Yesteryear (Part 1)
- So can we see this 4-hour cut of Cloud Atlas? We’re game if you are, Mr. Netflix CEO.
- Tor.com suggests SFF Sexier Than Fifty Shades of Grey
- Torchwood’s best references to Doctor Who
- A Tribute to South African Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Wachowski Siblings Doubt They’ll Ever Get To Create Another Blockbuster, unless they figure out who it is that keeps giving M. Night Shyamalan work.
- Werewolves, and How You’ll Kill Every Single One of Them
- Why Do Reboots Cause Such Mass Hysteria?
- An Inflatable Planetarium Where You Can Climb Into the Night Sky
- Mad Max: Fury Road Art Book and Comic Cover Art
- Star Wars Themed Bedroom Designed by Andy Chang
More Fun Stuff
- Dev Patel Cooks Up A Storm In Explosive Clip For Neill Blomkamp’s Chappie
- Infographic: How To Zombie-Proof Your Apartment
- Literary Study Finds All Modern Narratives Derived From Alien Vs. Predator
- Read an excerpt from The Doll Collection by Ellen Datlow at Tor.com.
- Read an excerpt from Seeker by Arwen Elys at Suvudu.
- Should we send aliens one carefully crafted message, or Wikipedia’s entire database?
- This Valentine’s, may you find mutually satisfying weirdness with that special someone.
- Watch a featurette for the new James Bond film, Spectre.
- Watch “POLIS,” a sci-fi thriller about a young man with telepathic powers who is searching for his mother.
- Watch Seasons of War is a wonderfully made Doctor Who fan film that centers around the character of the War Doctor.
- When the Muppets met Star Wars