Interviews & Profiles
- CBR interviews Jeff Lemire, author of Descender.
- Electric Literature interviews John Benditt, author of The Boatmaker.
- Empire interviews Joss Whedon, director of Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
- Henry Herz interviews Gini Koch, author of Universal Alien.
- Lawrence M. Schoen interviews Kristi Charish, author of Owl and the Japanese Circus.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Michael Kardos, author of Before He Finds Her.
- The Qwillery interviews Tonya Kappes, author of A Ghostly Undertaking.
- Wastelands 2 interviews Junot Diaz, author of “Monstro.”
- Arnold Schwarznegger Will Be Back For Terminator: Genisys Sequel Movies
- Borderlands, which announced plans to close because of California’s new minimum wage law, has come up with a sponsorship plan to keep the store open.
- Bizarre martian plumes discovered by amateur astronomers — I favor H.G. Wells’ explanation: “Why the shots ceased after the tenth no one on earth has attempted to explain. It may be the gases of the firing caused the Martians inconvenience. Dense clouds of smoke or dust, visible through a powerful telescope on earth as little grey, fluctuating patches, spread through the clearness of the planet’s atmosphere and obscured its more familiar features.”
- I’ve found Serenity, and you can’t take the sky from me: Wil Wheaton to curse in Chinese for upcoming Firefly MMO
- Takashi Miike To Direct Live Adaptation Of Gory Sci-Fi Manga Terra Formars.
Events & Event News
- Artist/co-creator Dustin Nguyen will appear at Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim, CA on Friday, March 6, 2015 from noon till 2:00 pm to sign the first issue of Descender! RSVP
- Center for Ray Bradbury Studies, IU Cinema pair to present sci-fi film series
- Pangaea – 14 top science fiction and fantasy authors explore a world in which mankind lives–and always has lived–on a single super-continent!
- Starstreak: Journey of the Ancients Deckbuilding Game – Starstreak is a space-based deckbuilding game. Research Technologies, Charge your FTL Drive, and Gain Galactic Influence to Conquer all
- Book Review: Barnes and Noble on Satin Island by Tom McCarthy
- Book Review: Washington calls Red Rising a “Dystopia, in Many Colors”
- 7 Sci-Fi Features Apple Should Put In Its Car
- The 15 Directors We’d Most Like to Put Their Own Spin on a Superhero Movie
- Den of Geek counts down the Top 12 creepy ballet moments in film and TV
- The Dissolve considers The cold, hard stats of vampire comedies
- Han Solo Shot First: The Atlantic weighs in on the surprising significance of past tense, present tense, and everything in between on Wikipedia with a super nerdy example.
- io9 offers this Very Short List of Most Overrated Genre Shows
- It Follows: Changing Horror’s Recycled Genre Tropes
- James Gunn of Guardians of the Galaxy, addresses superhero slams at Oscar awards
- Jupiter Ascending: How a Space Opera Uses-and-Abuses the Ultimate YA Tropes
- Making It Follows: The Creation of a New Horror Masterpiece
- Moffat And Davies Got Into A Doctor Who Argument About Sex
- Oscar Genre Bias: Why Sci-Fi, Foreign Films And Horror Movies Never Get Best Picture
- Paul Feig Says His Ghostbusters Reboot Will Be Influenced By The Walking Dead
- Smart Pop Books on Game Theory: “Blame it on the polar bears. They’re the reason why I can’t commit to any of the usual theories of Lost.”
- Tor.com looks ahead to March Releases in Science Fiction
- Why Doesn’t CS Lewis’ Silent Planet Get Compared To Dune Or Foundation ?
- Why The Oscars Hates Sci-Fi, according to Emertainment Monthly.
- You probably know her as that green Orion slave girl from the Star Trek episode The Menagerie, but Susan Oliver was much more than that, as the documentary The Green Girl attempts to show: “She was a highly- prolific actress of the ’50’s/’60’s/’70’s/’80’s, a record-setting female aviator, an original member of the AFI Directing Workshop for Women, and one of the only women directing major TV shows in the 1980’s. Tragically taken by cancer in 1990, she’s been inexplicably forgotten by the industry to which she gave so much of herself.”
- Check out this Easter-egg filled Iron Man poster, “The Desk of Mr. Stark“
- Compound Interest has composed a chart showing what makes up the atmosphere of the planets in our solar system. The chart also shows the divide between terrestrial planets and the gas giants as well as the atmospheric pressure of each.
- Enjoy Star Wars as Manga as you contemplate Star Wars as Anime
- Marvel Character Sketches by Ruben WestSide Ramos (Xoramos661)
More Fun Stuff
- 10 classic, must-read issues of Starlog magazine from their free online archive
- On the Care and Feeding of Writers
- Read an excerpt from Future Crimes by Marc Goodman at BoingBoing.
- Read an excerpt from Persona by Genevieve Valentine at Tor.com.
- Remember that time When A Newspaper Gave Replicant Tests To Mayoral Candidates?
- Watch a trailer for the eerie horror film Out of the Dark