Interviews & Profiles
- BlogCritics interviews David J Rodger, author of Oakfield.
- EW interviews William Hurt, star of AMC’s new sci-fi drama Humans.
- The Jewish Daily Forward interviews Lavie Tidhar, author of Jews vs Aliens.
- My Bookish Ways interviews David Morrell, author of Inspector of the Dead.
- The Qwillery interviews C. T. Adams, author of The Exile.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for authors Hugh Howey, Nancy Kress, and Antony Johnson, who recently released a Humble Book Bundle, which features a selection of books and comics (plus a video game!) about the apocalypse–$184 worth of DRM-free ebooks, but you can pay-what-you-want, and a portion of the proceeds goes to charity.
- Sciencefiction.com interviews Mark Hapka, star of Parallel.
- The 90s are back! Fox has just officially announced it has placed a order for a new, six-episode limited series of The X-Files starring Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.
- Danish feminist and both science fiction and mainstream author Inge Eriksen died March 13. She began writing SF with “The Wind Is Not for Sale,” 1980, a dystopian stage play in which humans are ruled by technology.
- Finally! More details on the Welcome to Night Vale novel!!!
- Young Jupiter wiped out solar system’s early inner planets, study says. Everyone stay quiet and pray that Jupiter doesn’t hear us.
Events & Event News
- BookCon is Excited to Announce an Evil SFF Panel! (Handlebar mustaches?)
- Join John Barrowman, star of Arrow, Torchwood, and Doctor Who, for an intimate event at the SHERATON SEATTLE HOTEL on Saturday March 28, 2015 from 8:00 – 10:00 PM where he will be telling stories, answering questions and having a blast as usual. Tickets
- Writer John Reilly and inker/colorist Dexter Weeks will hold a signing at Stormwatch Comics in West Berlin, NJ on Saturday March 28, 2015 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm! RSVP
- Planet Spire: Card Game – A tabletop card game for 2 players incorporating strategy, ancient warfare, and fantasy. Easy to learn; play in 20 minutes.
- Who is Lovecraft? Cthulhu Mythos game for 78th Anniversary – Be the first player to complete the Mythos in a fun game with more than 100 cards and collector pieces.
- Book Review: Harrison x Harrison = Lovecraftian Fun
- 8 Reasons A Star Trek: The Next Generation Reunion Should Be TV’s Next Big Event
- 23 fun facts about Firefly. Did you know “Inara Serra” is a Hittite goddess?
- Did Thomas Pynchon Predict Parallel Universes, Mini Black Holes?
- Five Books with Unforgettable Animal Sidekicks
- The Forgotten Film Adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale: Twenty-five years after its release, the movie adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s dystopian novel has been largely disremembered. Is the book still too radical for film?
- Genevieve Valentine explains How the vampire became film’s most feminist monster
- How to Fly A Spaceship to the Space Station
- Matt Smith’s best moments as the Eleventh Doctor
- Protecting What You Love: On the Difference Between Criticism, Rage, and Vilification
- A Tale of Two Characters: N.K. Jemisin talks about readers’ very different reaction to two characters, Oree Shoth and Ehiru.
- Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Not-So-Easy-To-Like Characters
- Topless Robot considers The Death Struggle Between Reboots and Canon
- Why Can’t Hollywood Do Hacking Right? TL;DR Because hacking is a boring thing for a visual medium to portray.
More Fun Stuff
- An “octopus” robot with eight limbs developed to clear rubble in Fukushima, Japan. Now the bots can kill us eight times faster.
- Book Smugglers Publishing has a new website.
- Can you generate a Mandelbrot fractal on a fifty year old IBM 1401 mainframe?
- The difference between Full Screen and Wide Screen in a movie like Terminator 3
- Read an excerpt from The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu at Tor.com.
- This Might Be The Best Boba Fett Figure Ever
- “TIE Fighter” is a really amazing 7-minute Star Wars animated short, created in the style of 1980s anime like Macross, shows a space battle where the Empire are the good guys taking on a squadron of dasterdly rebels.
- You Can Now Officially Propose to Your Sweetheart. The Star Wars Hoth Ring is Here.