Interviews & Profiles
- Den of Geek interviews Jon Wright, director of Robot Overlords.
- Electric Literature interviews Kazuo Ishiguro, author of The Buried Giant.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Genevieve Valentine, author of Persona.
- The Qwillery interviews Damien Angelica Walters, author of “In the Water, Underneath.”
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Charlaine Harris, author of Day Shift.
- SFFWorld interviews Charlaine Harris, author of Midnight Crossroad.
- Singularity Hub interviews Neil Jacobstein about the Ethical Dangers of AI.
- Sword and Laser interviews Peter V. Brett, author of The Skull Throne.
- Unlikely Story interviews Joseph Tomaras, author of “The Joy of Sects.”
- Ray Bradbury Award Nominees 2015 have been announced.
- Warner Bros. buys the rights to sci-fi short “Sundays,” leaves rest of week intact
- Eekeemoo – Black Sun Rising – Our quest to get the newly drawn 200 page Eekeemoo graphic novel printed in COLOUR is on!
- Sigmund Shaw: A Steampunk Adventure Novel – An adventure story in steampunk (steam punk) London. Gadgets, betrayal, airship battles, lies, twists, turns, and fun.
- THE SIMULATIONS, a novel: Office Space meets The Matrix – Working in corporate America inspired me to write this novel, so that’s what I did. Now I’m on Amazon. With your help It’ll be a bestseller!
- Book Review: Karen Burnham reviews The Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- The 12 Plot Ideas That Every Single Classic TV Show Did To Death
- 17 Epic Burns Given to Classic SF/F Authors
- A. Merritt and Plausible Science Fiction
- AnomalyCon’s Kronda Seibert on Why Steampunk is the Perfect Sci-Fi Gateway Drug
- Are Dystopian Heroines Agents for Change? Divergent generation of female protagonists seek escape, not solutions.
- Blogging the Nebulas: First Contact and First Conflict in Trial by Fire
- Doctor Who: 60 things we learned from The Writer’s Tale
- Dune at 50: Barnes & Noble on the Movies, Miniseries, and Missed Opportunities
- Going back to the future: my top ten novels featuring time travel
- How do the new films, books and video games fit into the Star Wars universe?
- Insurgent: Are YA dystopian movie adaptations on their way out?
- Like a Boss: SmartPop Books praises Dollhouse’s Adelle DeWitt.
- “New” Doctor Who anniversary: 10 Things you didn’t know about the new round
- OutdoorHub remembers The 10 Coolest Sci-Fi Guns from Movies and TV
- Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including one-shots and TV shows.
- R.I.P. The Eltingville Comic Book, Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Horror & Role-Playing Club
- The Science Fiction Checklist Challenge: Military SF Part II Part III
- That’s Cheating! My Pet Peeves in SF
- With Spielberg Directing, Ready Player One Is Poised to Become the One Geek Movie to Rule Them All. Brace yourself for a new fandom!
- How Navigating the Louvre with a Nintendo 3DS Made Me Rethink the Future of Gaming, Art, and Virtual Reality
- Mecha Girls drawn by Sukabu
- Traditional fantasy-based MMO classes redesigned for a post-apocalyptic setting
More Fun Stuff
- Android Wear Weekly looks at Five Watch Faces for Sci-Fi Fans
- Cover reveal: Ken Liu’s new collection, The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories!
- Elon Musk on Superintelligent Robots: We’ll Be Lucky If They Enslave Us as Pets. For the love of humanity, now even the smart people are tell us to fear them!
- Jupiter Is a Garden of Storms: Why the Great Red Spot refuses to die.
- Robot Overlords featurette talks the book vs the film
- What It’s Like to Watch Hodor DJ a “Rave of Thrones“